SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#67796 - 12/05/08 05:10 PM Very Sad News
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I just received an email this evening to say that our long time forum friend, Fran Durham, has passed away today. Fran had been ill with the dreaded 'Big C' for some time, and he fought it to the last.
I'm sure we will all miss his contributions to the forum and those of us who were lucky enough to meet him, know what a true gentleman he was.

RIP Fran

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#67797 - 12/05/08 06:33 PM Re: Very Sad News
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
BILL....

Thanks for letting us know of Fran's passing.

Is he the UK Fran or the Fran who lives in S. Carolina,USA and is Bob Hendershot's cousin?

Do you have additional information like an address for family members who might like to hear from his musical friends?

I have your lovely response to my email. I will respond tomorrow.... I know you are probably sleeping about now....

ELIZABETH EVELYN

#67798 - 12/05/08 07:57 PM Re: Very Sad News
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Hi Elizabeth. It is Fran Durham who lived in S. Carolina. Fran was instrumental in starting the annual Florida Jam and did the editing of the videos of the jam that are available here on Synthzone. He was not my cousin, but Fran and I go way back to the days that we both played Technics organs and were members of an organ players group called Organ Buddies International. Frank Bez will remember those days. I'll check with Marg, his wife, to see if she wants her address passed along. I will be seeing her in the next few days.

#67799 - 12/06/08 01:59 AM Re: Very Sad News
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
What truly sad news even though it was not totally unexpected and I did hope that his strong spirit and determination would get him through this terrible illness. But it was not to be.

I never met Fran or his wife Marg but from his postings and personal emails we have exchanged over time, he came across as a really genuine nice guy who was obviously totally devoted to Marg.

My condolences go out to Marg at this time. I am sure that she has so many many happy memories of the years they have spent together and I hope that she can take some small consolation from this at this very very sad time............Joan

#67800 - 12/06/08 02:16 AM Re: Very Sad News
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
This is sad news, indeed, I knew Marge and Fran well from working on all of the Jams. I will miss him.

#67801 - 12/06/08 11:18 AM Re: Very Sad News
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
My condolences are going to Marg too. Ik must be tough to go on without Fran. I also only know the Durhams via this forum and the friendly messages and the commitment for the forum and yearly jams (too far for me to visit).

------------------

#67802 - 12/06/08 12:45 PM Re: Very Sad News
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
I only met Fran once, at the first Florida jam, and he treated me like a visiting dignitary. We knew each other from this forum and the earlier Technics forum, and he always acted with kindness and helped anyone who asked for it. He was a gentleman and a comrade-in-arms, and will be missed.

#67803 - 12/06/08 02:47 PM Re: Very Sad News
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
Hi Folks, It is with a sad heart to hear of Fran's passing. The loss both to the world of music and his family is obvious to those of us whom only had contact via the forum let alone those who actually had the privilege of knowing Fran in person. With all our heartfelt wishes go to his family from this side of the pond.
regards John and family.

[This message has been edited by jd5live (edited 12-06-2008).]

#67804 - 12/06/08 03:57 PM Re: Very Sad News
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
It is indeed sad news to hear of yet another death due to cancer. I only know of Fran through this Forum but I would like to offer my deepest sympathy to his Wife and all who were close to him.

Audrey

#67805 - 12/06/08 05:17 PM Re: Very Sad News
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
OH

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online