SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#66961 - 05/04/08 08:15 AM PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
kn7 Offline

I hope someone can tell me how to play back a sequenced song without sound coming from the keyboard. I did this once by seeing how it was done and I have looked in the manual and can not find how to do this. I am so irked with myself not being able to find it. It seems like it is called Panic (?) I am unsure. Anyway, I would appreciate someone telling me how to do this. Also, can it be saved for future bringing up the song?

#66962 - 05/04/08 11:07 AM Re: PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Where do you want the sound to emanate from?
t.

#66963 - 05/04/08 11:10 AM Re: PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
technicsplayer Offline

program menu, sound, monitor, off... mutes the speakers and headphones, but they will be restored normally next time you switch on. The permanent method is just a blank plug or 6.35 to 3.5mm adaptor in the headphone socket.

#66964 - 05/04/08 11:17 AM Re: PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Not quite sure what you want to do But I suspect it is the following :
Press Program Menus > Sound > Monitor Settings > OFF.
Using this setting still sends the KN7000 output to the Line Out sockets. (Page 160 in the Manual)
Unfortunately, this setting cancels on Power-Down and is not saved with any sequence. A way round this is to either plug in a pair of headphones, or a just Blank Jack plug

Looks like we were all typing at the same time

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 05-04-2008).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#66965 - 05/04/08 12:57 PM Re: PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I've heard of air guitar - is this air keyboard?
Rog

#66966 - 05/04/08 03:22 PM Re: PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I would think that he just wishes to use an external sound system.................

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#66967 - 05/04/08 04:25 PM Re: PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Just put a 1/4 inch plug in the headphone outlet ... http://www.rpelectronics.com/Default.asp?Main=/English/OnlineCat.asp?Menu=/English/Content/Categories/CatM_24.asp%26Detail=/English/Content/Divisions/Div_24_600.asp

t.

#66968 - 05/04/08 09:57 PM Re: PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
kn7 Offline

Thanks for your replies but apparently, I didn’t make myself clear. I am planning on doing a serious concert and on a couple of my songs that are complex, (a bit tricky) I want to play the keyboard without sound coming from the keys as the sequenced song is playing. Actually, I can come up with a better way than what all of you suggested but it will only work if you are using just Right 1 or Right 2 and not both. All you have to do is cancel the volume (mute) on the one that isn’t used in each Panel Memory in the sequenced song, set your Panel memories and the keyboard is silent. However on a couple of songs, I have used both Right 1 and Right 2 so I am not able to do this. I do know that I can use another track and copy Right 1 or the other to it and free up the spot, then cancel the volume. I just didn’t want to go to this trouble. I was able to do this without changing the volume in the Panel Memories sometime ago because I read how to do it and I haven’t been able to find what I read. Doing what I read surprised me that I could play the keyboard and no sound was heard and it didn't interfere with the sequenced song being played.

#66969 - 05/04/08 11:59 PM Re: PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Nr7

Can I suggest you try the two following options:-

1) Press 'OTHER PARTS/TR' button (bottom left of screen). Here ALL or INDIVIDUAL parts can be 'muted' using the buttons immediately below the screen.

2) Go to 'CUSTOMISE' (bottom right of keyboard) Press 'FAVOURITES' scroll down to No.4 (Entertainer) and here you will see the 'MUTE KEYS OFF' function and the 'PANIC'
button.

Either of these two may be what you are looking for.

Good luck!

Audrey

#66970 - 05/05/08 01:39 AM Re: PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Yea - I thought so - air keyboarding....
Rog

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online