SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#66519 - 02/05/08 04:25 PM Music Stylist & Music Style Arranger
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I like using Music Stylist in conjuncture with Music Style Arranger.

After selecting a style from Music Stylist, a variation is automatically selected in Music Style Arranger, with a right hand sound automatically selected to start a song.

Example: Variation 2, R1 Organ

Once I use the fill up/down and then back to Variation 2, the organ sound has been replaced.

Is there a way to get back to that right hand organ sound that Music Stylist starts off with, after using Music Style Arranger fills?

Thanks

------------------
Larry
SynthZone Frapper

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#66520 - 02/06/08 04:05 AM Re: Music Stylist & Music Style Arranger
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Larry,

Using Bank A,(known as a 'working bank') the way I do it is to save MS No.1 to Panel Memory 1, MS No.2 to Panel Memory 2, MS3 to PM 3, MS4 to PM4.

You now have these set in the normal panel memories which can then be edited, tweaked or whatever you wish to do with them and can be saved in the normal way to either floppy or sd card for future use.

I think there is an official way of doing what you are asking but I've used this sytem since the Music Stylist was introduced so have got used to doing it this way.

However, if the Music Style Arrange button is lit, everytime you hit the fill-in it will change up or down to the next style.
Turning it off, will stop this. This might be all you need to do.

Hope this helps.

Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 02-06-2008).]

#66521 - 02/06/08 05:42 AM Re: Music Stylist & Music Style Arranger
lahawk Offline

Thanks Audry.

The way I see it. When the Music Style Arranger is used, it 'takes over' and when the up / down fills are used, it cancels whatever the Music Stylist used for a right hand voice.

It appears Music Style Arranger has no connection with Music Stylist, so Music Style Arranger assumes factory styles are used, and uses those resources to whatever R1 is used at various variations.

Your way of saving to Panel Memory is good advise, and I should have known that. I'll give it a try and see if I can save the exact Music Stylist style complete with the right hand sound that the Stylist uses.

BTW, the right hand sound that Music Stylist loads by default is IMO, almost always better than what Music Style Arranger uses AFTER using fills.

------------------
Larry
SynthZone Frapper

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#66522 - 02/06/08 06:30 AM Re: Music Stylist & Music Style Arranger
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
LARRY....

#66523 - 02/06/08 06:51 AM Re: Music Stylist & Music Style Arranger
etwo4788 Offline

LARRY..... (Try again)

My experience with both the Music Stylist and the Arranger is similiar to Audrey's with a few exceptions.

Rarely do I go to the Music Stylist. I do so just to look & listen for new-to-me sounds & rhythms that I may not have used for awhile.

The MSA is in use much of the time to make changes so that my music does not bore my audiences. In order to avoid automatic changes in the registrations I have created, the MSA red light is never engaged. If the red light is off...those changes will not occur when you "fill" or move from 1 thru 4 buttons. As I change from one of the 4 buttons to another, with the MSA red light off, the instruments in the rhythm changes but the Right 1, Right 2, & left instruments under Part Select do not change.

The Sound Memory, above the Part Select is where I create and store the sounds I use to tweak the registrations in both rhythms and Sound Parts.

During play it is possible to change one and/or two of the Part 1,2,left instruments to another.... quickly of course so as not to interupt the rhythm....

These very simple changes help present more interesting play, IMO.....

Almost everytime I play there is some registration in which I make changes so it has become automatic for me to ALWAYS SAVE everything to SD card before I turn off my 7K.... I get very upset with myself if I forget this step!

Having fun and entertaing my audience is my total intent.

------------------

#66524 - 02/09/08 06:35 AM Re: Music Stylist & Music Style Arranger
lahawk Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by etwo4788:

The MSA is in use much of the time to make changes so that my music does not bore my audiences. In order to avoid automatic changes in the registrations I have created, the MSA red light is never engaged.

Thanks for your input, but the above quote is a little confusing. You use MSA much of the time, but you turn it off?

I still like using Music Stylist with MSA, because of the easy flow between variations using fill.

Quote:
Is there a way to get back to that right hand organ sound that Music Stylist starts off with, after using Music Style Arranger fills?

It's not ALWAYS the case that the original right hand setup is changed. Some of the setups remain unchanged after the fill and back is used, but most of the time MSA switches the Music Style Arranger to a different right hand instrument.

BTW, if you haven't used Music Stylist in a while, give the 70's a go. I was surprised at how you can use the setups with many songs from any era.

------------------
Larry
SynthZone Map

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#66525 - 02/10/08 08:36 PM Re: Music Stylist & Music Style Arranger
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hi Larry:

There are three choices in the MSA when the button is held down for a few seconds.
[Rhythm; Sound and Rhythm; Panel Memory]

I didn't see this mentioned in the above replies (I could of overlooked it, or it's a feature for the PR models) and you may already know it, but thought I would mention it anyway.

Do Panel Memory save on each Music Stylist setting 1-4. Then set the MSA to Panel Memory, turn on MSA and the R1 P2 Organ should stick (be available) each time MSA Variation 2 is pressed, or using the fill up/down button.

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 02-10-2008).]

#66526 - 02/11/08 03:08 PM Re: Music Stylist & Music Style Arranger
lahawk Offline

Hi Anthony,

Sounds like it should work.
I'll give it a try next time I'm with the 7000.

Thanks for the tip

Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#66527 - 02/12/08 06:50 AM Re: Music Stylist & Music Style Arranger
etwo4788 Offline

LARRY....
Yes, most of the time I do not turn the MSA button on at all. I do move through the MSA buttons (1 -4) during play for variety.

I put rhythms from the Rhythm Group into the Panel Memories, making whatever changes I want in the registrations from the Sound Memory.

ELIZABETH

#66528 - 02/13/08 06:29 AM Re: Music Stylist & Music Style Arranger
lahawk Offline

Got it.

My problem... I always forget about Panel Memories. Thanks for reminding me that Panel Memory is the way to go for saving a setup.

------------------
Larry
SynthZone Map

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online