SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#64820 - 09/12/07 12:11 PM Back to factory settings KN7000
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
I've just bought a second KN7000 FOR £699 from Eddie Moors, I wanted to get it back to factory settings. In the manual it says how to Initialize the KN7000 but i've also found an Initial data disc.

Can anyone confirm the correct procedure to get everything back to factory settings.

Many thanks for any help

Peter L

#64821 - 09/12/07 01:45 PM Re: Back to factory settings KN7000
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there - do what the manual says - thats what is there for - Joan

#64822 - 09/12/07 05:06 PM Re: Back to factory settings KN7000
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Peter,

If I were you, as it's a second-hand keyboard, I would use the Data Disk. You really only need to highlight the first item CTMINI and Press LOAD (top right hand corner of Screen) When it has finished loading, I would switch off, wait a few moments then switch on again and you should find the keyboard is back to Factory Set.

Items 2,3 & 4 relate to Midi, Favourites and Homepage respectively. Of course, if you want to reset those as well, just repeat action above until all have been loaded, then switch off and on again.

Having done this once, from now on if you need to, you can reset all the PERFORMANCE items with the following procedure:

Turn off the power to the keyboard, then whilst pressing the three lower left buttons in the RHYTHM GROUP section ie: (60s & 70s, MODERN DANCE and SOUL and R&B) at the same time, turn the power on again.

Good luck and may you enjoy many happy hours playing your 'new' keyboard.

Audrey

#64823 - 09/13/07 04:22 AM Re: Back to factory settings KN7000
Peter Lowden Offline

Thanks Joan, hope you're keeping well.

Many thanks Audrey for the explanation, I couldn't find anything on the initial Data Disc in the manual, it's probably there, just keep missing it!

I wasn't sure if it was neccesary to use the Data Disc, "now I know" thanks everso!!

All the best

Peter

#64824 - 09/14/07 01:27 PM Re: Back to factory settings KN7000
Audrey Turner Offline

Hello Peter,

In my Manual the 'Data Disk' is mentioned as an optional accessory - page 208, last item mentioned. So I assume you would have had to buy it separately. I was lucky enough to have it supplied by my Dealer when I purchased the keyboard.

Having said all that, I would have thought Technics could have at least explained the difference between the two initialisation methods and in what circumstance each should be used. Ah well! too late now of course but take heart, you still have this Forum to help you and long may it reign!

Audrey

#64825 - 09/14/07 02:02 PM Re: Back to factory settings KN7000
technicsplayer Offline

actually it doesn't say optional accessory, it's listed under accessories with mains lead, music stand etc, so is obviously supplied with the machine. And the initial disk function is described on page 137.

Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
Hello Peter,

In my Manual the 'Data Disk' is mentioned as an optional accessory - page 208, last item mentioned. So I assume you would have had to buy it separately. I was lucky enough to have it supplied by my Dealer when I purchased the keyboard.

Having said all that, I would have thought Technics could have at least explained the difference between the two initialisation methods and in what circumstance each should be used. Ah well! too late now of course but take heart, you still have this Forum to help you and long may it reign!

Audrey

#64826 - 09/15/07 12:54 AM Re: Back to factory settings KN7000
Audrey Turner Offline

Sorry if I mislead you Peter, but on page 209 I read "Accessory Purchases:" so I just assumed that the Data Disk was an 'optional' item seeing as it is listed under Accessories.

However, I still think the Data Disk should have be listed under 'D' for Data or at the very least 'I' along with the Initialize instructions - too simple I suppose! Anyway at least you know where to find it now
- thanks to Technisplayer.

I hope you are enjoying your new keyboard, I still think my KN7 is the greatest despite having heard the Tyros2 played at it's very best, last Saturday night. At times, it was so slow to respond to the Artiste's command, he was able to crack little jokes whilst waiting for it to load.

Have fun! - Audrey

#64827 - 09/15/07 04:50 AM Re: Back to factory settings KN7000
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
Sorry if I mislead you Peter, but on page 209 I read "Accessory Purchases:" so I just assumed that the Data Disk was an 'optional' item seeing as it is listed under Accessories.

However, I still think the Data Disk should have be listed under 'D' for Data or at the very least 'I' along with the Initialize instructions - too simple I suppose! Anyway at least you know where to find it now
- thanks to Technisplayer.

I hope you are enjoying your new keyboard, I still think my KN7 is the greatest despite having heard the Tyros2 played at it's very best, last Saturday night. At times, it was so slow to respond to the Artiste's command, he was able to crack little jokes whilst waiting for it to load.

Have fun! - Audrey

Many thanks Audrey for your help.

I've injured my back and wanted a keyboard to leave permanently in place at one of the places I play at. The kn7000 at a price of £699 is very attractive and as I have an abundant supply of setups it makes a very good choice, also having speakers built in means less setting up, ie: just plug in and away I go. It also has a lid that protects the keys, in my opinion it's a better instrument for leaving somewhere.

All the best

Peter

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online