SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46911 - 07/12/07 06:27 AM Keyboard Capers at Cambridge
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
The price for the two day event (£170)does seem rather excessive, when by paying a little bit more, for example Sceptre Promotions at Parkfield in October,costs £22.15 per day full board, with full entertainment and a chance to play yourself.

Derek

#46912 - 07/12/07 08:53 AM Re: Keyboard Capers at Cambridge
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I'm pleased to hear you won't be coming.....interestingly this is the second forum where you've chosen to be critical of something that I've worked hard to put together - got a chip on your shoulder, Derek?
Rog

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 07-12-2007).]

#46913 - 07/12/07 11:29 AM Re: Keyboard Capers at Cambridge
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Roger,

Who said organizing is easy. No way you can please evryone. Wish Marg and I could join you.

Fran in SC

#46914 - 07/12/07 12:02 PM Re: Keyboard Capers at Cambridge
gerr58 Offline

Loc: bristol, uk
SHOULD HAVE GONE TO BUTLINS ROG.

#46915 - 07/12/07 12:03 PM Re: Keyboard Capers at Cambridge
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Derek,

In response to your posting on the proposed Cambridge Convention, it isn't meant to be like Pakefield and I would like to make the following comments:

1) Firstly Pakefield is very much Organ orientated and this is primarily for Technics Keyboards - something you will never again experience there.

2) It is being held in a comfortable Hotel with Waiter Service and all facilities included - not a Holiday Camp. Obviously the cost is dictated by the amount of people attending, as is Pakefield's music event.

3) It is a great way to meet, and thank personally, all those 'techies' who have, through this Forum over the years,generously and freely given their time to help the rest of us understand, improve our knowledge and enjoy our KN instruments more fully and having all these talented people on board, we will undoubtedly make our own entertainment and (dare I say it?) even outshine some of the performances at Pakefield - with no problem at all.

4) For me, the No.1 attraction is the Teach-in / Learning Factor - without the Sales patter. We are never, (repeat never), too old to learn more.

Finally, I do understand some of us live on a very tight budget which is why (with Roger's agreement) I put a posting on this forum recently giving details of B&Bs or Guest Houses as alternative accommodation.

Regards

Audrey

#46916 - 07/13/07 08:03 AM Re: Keyboard Capers at Cambridge
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
I'm pleased to hear you won't be coming.....interestingly this is the second forum where you've chosen to be critical of something that I've worked hard to put together - got a chip on your shoulder, Derek?
Rog

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 07-12-2007).]

Hi Roger,
No I have'nt got a chip on my shoulder.
I do appreciate what you are doing, and I would love to come, however as my wife would want to come with me it would double the cost.That's all I'm saying.
Audrey suggested there might be alternative accomodation.

Derek

#46917 - 07/13/07 09:31 AM Re: Keyboard Capers at Cambridge
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
OK Derek - I believe you...
The detail of Audrey's missive can be found here: http://www.bedandbreakfast-directory.co.uk/results.asp?town=Cambridge&county=Cambri dgeshire
Don't forget that those of us that will be staying overnight in the Holiday Inn will be those who by that means will be essentially contributing to the availability of the meeting room and sundry drinks and food throughout each day.
Rog
p.s. You'll have plenty of chance to play for us over the 2 days
p.p.s please let me know if the pair of you do decide to come cos I'll put you on my special interested persons circulation list.

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 07-13-2007).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online