SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#49613 - 02/25/07 05:10 AM Disk Drive
hammondkua Offline

Could somebody tell me where I can get the floppy drive for my KN1000? My dealer told me that it's hard to obtain one. Although I own a KN7000 but really like my old KN as it's more portable.

Many thanks

Regards
Hammond

#49614 - 02/25/07 12:23 PM Re: Disk Drive
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
If you are in UK, try here : http://www.wdgreenhill.com/

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#49615 - 02/25/07 02:02 PM Re: Disk Drive
Joe Baron Offline

Loc: England
If you are in UK, try here www.wdgreenhill.com.
Yes Bill it's worth a try,they will post worldwide, I enquired for someone else a little while ago.
Regards.
Joe

#49616 - 02/25/07 02:21 PM Re: Disk Drive
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Have a close look at the drive as most manufactures use a standard PC Floppy Drive which can be picked up for as little as £5-10. (Apart from increased capacity 3.5” Floppy Drives haven’t changed much in 20 years or more)
Hope this helps

Bill

#49617 - 02/25/07 02:58 PM Re: Disk Drive
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I would be careful, because I had a bad disk drive on my KN5000 ,and it would not accept standard drives. I sent the keyboard to a firm that manufactured drives, and they were trying to clone the Technics line. After several weeks they sent the keyboard back saying could not duplicate it.

It was no problem to get a case to fit. The problem was that it would not read correctly due to some propriatory code.

Bernie

#49618 - 02/25/07 04:21 PM Re: Disk Drive
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Hammond,

Try advertising for one in the 'Keyboard Cavalcade' Magazine. They have a 'Classified Ads' page and there is often items such as this offered For Sale.

There is also a 'Wanted' column and the Ad is free if you are a subscriber.

Hope this helps.

Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 02-25-2007).]

#49619 - 02/26/07 05:36 AM Re: Disk Drive
hammondkua Offline

Thanks for all your input. Anyway I don’t live in UK but in Malaysia. I did compare the standard FDD, it wouldn’t fit. Really don’t understand why Technics used a different type. When I bought this KN1000 in 1995 the dealer offered me a separate FDD but I refused because the price was too dear, about RM1400 as my KN1000 was only RM3400 used item though. Should have bought it that time, am now really regret.

Hi Audrey
I don’t subscript 'Keyboard Cavalcade' Magazine. Never hear about it. Is it good? I only like Technics as such the only keyboard magazine I’ve read is TechPlus (CD format) but wonder they are still around?

Best regards,
Hammond

#49620 - 02/26/07 05:56 AM Re: Disk Drive
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
It would be worthwhile contacting the company in the link above - they will post worldwide

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#49621 - 02/26/07 11:07 AM Re: Disk Drive
Joe Baron Offline

Loc: England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hammondkua:
[B]Could somebody tell me where I can get the floppy drive for my KN1000? Many thanks Hammond
Hi Hamond, do you know what is wrong with the F/Drive?
I have managed to repair (if thats the word)
three for myself and my friends.but the fault has been in each case a broken belt or worn belt. In that is the fault it is quite easy to repair.
I have a Technics F/Drive model SY-FD20.
I bought it a few years ago,I have no idea what the model number for the KN1000 is.
If you can find out what the model number is,and it's the one I have I will post to you if you pay the cost of post and package. I have nothing to try it on so I can,t be sure it works. it looks in very good condition and I guess it will work.
But no guarantee!!
Regards.
Joe joe-baron@tiscali.co.uk

#49622 - 02/27/07 03:09 AM Re: Disk Drive
hammondkua Offline

Hi Joe Baron
When I bought this KN1000 it did not come with the floppy drive as standard package but now intended to fit one. Yes the model is SY-FD20. How lucky I’m! Thanks you very much! By the way what is the price you would like to sell and also the post and package (Will pay if I buy). For my currency I probably need to multiply by 6.5 or even more (UK right)!

Furthermore I’ve no idea how to pay? Credit card? Money order? You can reach me at lhkua@tm.net.my

Regards
Hammond

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online