SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#52949 - 01/31/07 08:04 AM adding another track using easy record
runner50 Offline

Loc: Geneva
Thanks to all those who helped me understand how to use easy record and step down a song as it is ending. What I need to do is add 1 more track to the file. I used easy record and just cant get the new sound to record as the song is playing in play mode. There are some areas that I need to place some strings and I think I should be able to do that, too in easy record by just arming another track. I am not having any luck. Help please!!

MikeF585

#52950 - 01/31/07 09:14 AM Re: adding another track using easy record
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Mike,

NO! You can't do that in Easy Record! You need to use the Real Time Record facility to add another track. If it is just 1 more track, the best place to add this is in Track 4

1. Load the sequence into which you wish to add another track.
2. Press Program Menus > Sequencer > Record & Edit > Realtime Record.
3. In the REALTIME RECORD screen, press MIXER then press the Top Left button to the left of the Display - this should highlight TRACK 1.
4. Press the PT4/TR4 button at the bottom of the Display - the highlight should move to TRACK 4.
5. Press the STRINGS & VOCAL button in the Sound Group and select the required String sound. This should now show in the TRACK 4 'SOUND' setting in the TRACK MIXER screen.
6. Assuming you were using Panel Memories in your sequenced recording, you will need to update each Panel Memory with the new sound assignment for TRACK 4. If you were not changing Panel Memories during the original recording of the sequence, then you can skip the next step.
7. Press and hold the central Blue SET button in the Panel Memory and whilst holding the button, press the Panel Memory button which is currently illuminated - probably PM1. This will update the first PM used in your sequence. Select the next Panel Memory and check that TRACK 4 is still highlighted in the SOUND section of the TRACK MIXER screen. If not, just press the PT4/TR4 button. Now select the string sound again. Press and hold the central Blue SET button in the Panel Memory and whilst holding the button, press the Panel Memory button which is currently illuminated - probably PM2. This will update the next PM used in your sequence. Now repeat the procedure for the remaining Panel Memories used in your sequence.
8. Press EXIT once to return to the REALTIME RECORD screen.
9. Press Twice, the 4/P4 button at the bottom of the display, to change the Icon to REC.
10. Press START/STOP and the sequence will play back and you can then record your additional Strings in Track 4. If Panel Memories were used in your original sequence, then they will of course change, as the sequence progresses, but the String sound will remain the same throughout. At the end of the recording, press REC STOP and then audition your recording.
11. If you make any errors during the Track 4 recording, or don't like the recording, then just repeat from Step 9 - your previous recording on Track 4 will be overwritten.

With regard to setting the Panel Memory sounds in Track 4, there is no reason why you could not assign different String sounds to each Panel Memory, or even different Instruments to each Panel Memory - Say strings in PM1 and Vocal in PM2 etc.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#52951 - 01/31/07 11:38 AM Re: adding another track using easy record
runner50 Offline

Loc: Geneva
Bill...you are the best! Directions given perfectly. Worked the first time. I suppose I am not limited to how many additional tracks I can use using easy record. Now I am thinking about recording the bass track...which this song...I dont think its needed...but if I choose...I can do it...NOW!!!

MikeF585

#52952 - 01/31/07 01:03 PM Re: adding another track using easy record
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Mike,

You can add as many tracks as you wish, using REAL TIME record (not EASY Record) - up to the limit of the sequencer of course
Just remember to add the sound assignments for the tracks, into the Panel Memories, if used............

Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online