Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#48296 - 11/11/06 09:52 AM One sided KN7000
Joe Baron Offline

Loc: England
Hi Folks.
I have got a problem with my KN7000!
I have sound only on the right speaker. I have not got the original manual I bought the Keyboard used and the manual was missing, I did purchase Alec Pagida,s Getting the most from your KN7000.
I have no fault finding guide to refer to so I may be missing information that is in the original manual. I have initialized back to factory settings, I have done this on other KN boards, But Resetting the KN7000 has not cured the fault. Before I ask an engineer to fix it, are there any other things I can try?
Fingers crossed.
Regards.
Joe
After reading Bernie's post I can say the
headphones do give output to both channels.

[This message has been edited by Joe Baron (edited 11-11-2006).]

#48297 - 11/11/06 10:44 AM Re: One sided KN7000
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Joe

I just went through this on mine. The tech asked if both sides come through the eaephones. If it does, it is a good sign, although it took hime two hours to fix mine. I quess if it didn't, it would have been worse. In my case, 5 transisters were blown.

Of course, it could be a simple loose connection to the speaker. In either case, it is no simple matter to get in and out of this beast.

#48298 - 11/15/06 11:29 AM Re: One sided KN7000
Joe Baron Offline

posted by Bernie9: Hi Joe
I just went through this on mine.

Hi Folks.
Just out of interest are Bernie and I the only members on Synthzone to have had this fault?
Regards.
Joe

#48299 - 11/15/06 11:45 AM Re: One sided KN7000
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Joe
I've not experienced this problem...
? 'Pan' problem...probably not
Rog

#48300 - 11/15/06 03:13 PM Re: One sided KN7000
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Joe,

Roger could have a point about the Pan setting, worth looking in to I would say.

The other thing is, many moons ago in the KN2000 days, I was led to believe that some of the sounds were split between the speakers to give a more realistic effect i.e:strings coming through the left and piano through right. This was done in an effort to simulate an orchestra whereby most string players are positioned to the left of
the Conductor, so if you are/were using an old KN2000 style, that could be a possible explanation. I have to admit at times, the members at our Club mention either silence with the lefthand chord, or only one speaker 'working' and I've just repeated this 'unconfirmed' information to them which they have accepted. However, technology has moved on, thank goodness, and I can't say I've noticed it when playing later models.

It'll be interesting to know what the answer is. Please keep us posted on this one Joe.

All the best.

Audrey

#48301 - 11/16/06 07:16 AM Re: One sided KN7000
Joe Baron Offline

Hi Rog and Audrey.
I tried the pan setting and return to factory settings first. So that is not the problem. The KN7000 is in for repair at this time. I feel sure I know what the problem is, but just now I am in no state to handle the bulk and weight of the instrument and leaning over. But I will get better. As to the problem I am experiencing I will give this some thought.
I will certainly post the problem and possible cause when I find out what it is.
That will assist members in the future who have the same problem.
Regards.
Joe.

#48302 - 11/23/06 11:27 AM Re: One sided KN7000
Stewart G Offline

Loc: Wilkes-Barre, PA
I have an amplifier board for a kn7000 if anyone finds they need one. s.girlock@pldassoc.com

#48303 - 12/02/06 10:09 AM Re: One sided KN7000
Joe Baron Offline

Hi Folks.
After 4 weeks in the repair shop the KN7000 repair has not been effected. I am told by the dealer that Panasonic are not at all cooperative when asked to supply parts to repair KN's
If this is NOW the attitude of Panasonic and the dealers who sold the KN7000 at this time, what is it going to be like in the future, I will consider options and decide the best one. I wish I had never sold the KN2000!!
At least if that had gone wrong I could have thrown it away, I had 13 years of gigging as often as 5 nights a week and not once did anything go wrong. Opinions from friends who really are into electronics would indicate
The more you use the instrument the better no chance of the capacitor drying up and causing problems.
Anyway I am displeased with Technics who are still a vibrant company, but do not appear to be bothered looking after customers who have purchased from them.
There have been some good interesting posts of late and am learning things, I do hope the site continues to function in the way intended.
One final request in this post is. I was asked by member “KHAI-WEI” if I knew GENTLE RAIN by Antonio Carlos Jobim I do know it, it is a wonderful tune! But I have not got the dots or words to the tune.
Can anyone help?
Regards.
Joe

#48304 - 12/02/06 10:31 AM Re: One sided KN7000
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
That certainly is a worrisome situation. I am sorry to hear of your disappointing outcome.
Bernie

#48305 - 12/03/06 03:13 AM Re: One sided KN7000
tonykn7000 Offline

Loc: Colchester , Essex , UK
Hi Joe

Sorry to hear about your KN7000 sound problem. I had a problem a few weeks ago when the sound went completely, no sound from speakers or headphones did all the checks resetting to factory setting ect.
But no joy, I phoned my local music shop in Colchester Essex UK and they said to bring it in and their engineer would look at it.
He was very busy as he had just returned from holiday but once he got around to looking at it he fixed it in a few hours.
I didn't actually speak to the engineer to find out exact problem the shop said the problem was easy to fix and on receipt for
repair (a regulator) was replaced.
If I had this problem then chances are you my have exact same fault.

Hope this helps

Tony Essex uk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online