SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#55154 - 03/16/06 10:09 AM New Recordings
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi, I've just posted 'Songs 4U' Volume 8 on my website........
http://mysite.freeserve.com/willumspages/index.html

Hope you enjoy some of them.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#55155 - 03/16/06 11:21 AM Re: New Recordings
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Bill - You say

"Hope you enjoy some of them"

I say - "I know that we will - they are always very very good"

I am off now to download them!!!

Thanks Bill - Joan

#55156 - 03/16/06 05:00 PM Re: New Recordings
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Bill ... I have a kn6, and knowing you play a kn7 I knew I couldn't play the tunes on my board ... but I had forgotten about the wma format files ...and I also haven't been to your site since I got 'dial-up'... I really enjoyed your work ... I am listening now as I tour the 'Zone' ... you even made me enjoy listening to "Feelings" again
I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty to post a link on the Gen Arr page for the folks who don't tread on "technics soil" ...
Do you explain your recording techniques on your site?
Nice work, and keep 'em coming ...
thnx agn,
t.

#55157 - 03/16/06 10:08 PM Re: New Recordings
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Hi Bill,

Many thanks for your new offering, GREAT STUFF! I also really like the WMA song you've recorded "My foolish heart" was that Billy Eckstine?

All the best

Peter

#55158 - 03/17/06 02:45 AM Re: New Recordings
Bill Norrie Offline

Hi Fellas and Joan thanks for your kind comments.

Tony, thanks for adding the link on the GA forum. I don't explain my recording techniques since I don't do anything out of the ordinary as far as production of the sequences is concerned. However, unless I can find a built-in style which I consider really does suit a particular song or tune, I tend to 'do my own thing' in the Composer - either by modifying one of the built-in styles or starting from scratch.
Initially, I use the Easy Record facility and then sometimes add extra tracks as counter melodies or harmony, using Realtime record.
I would like to add more WMA files to my website but I have a space restriction imposed by my current ISP and I'm near my limit now. I'm looking at an alternative host for my website, which will provide me with more web space and this should allow me to include more 'Audio' files. If and when I change, I'll let you know.

Peter, you're correct about 'My Foolish Heart' being recorded by Billy Eckstine. Many others have also recorded this good old standard including Frank Sinatra, Doris Day, Tony Bennett, Ella Fitzgerald.........

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#55159 - 03/18/06 10:56 AM Re: New Recordings
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hi Willum:

I've just downloaded 'Songs 4U' Volume 8 and will be listening to these shortly. I am curious, do you have plans to add Group 9 in the KN7000 Styles area of your website?

AnthonyC

#55160 - 03/18/06 03:18 PM Re: New Recordings
Bill Norrie Offline

Hi Anthony,
I hope to add more Volumes as time permits, but I've run up against the limit of space on my present website. I'm currently looking at moving to a new ISP which will provide much more space and hopefully, I can increase the number of WMA files as well.
Thanks for your interest

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

#55161 - 03/18/06 06:23 PM Re: New Recordings
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
thanks, Bill ..
t.

#55162 - 03/19/06 06:08 AM Re: New Recordings
Mike Aviv Offline

Hi Bill,
Thank You for sharing your good taste and great arangents with us. I really enjoyed
listening to the songs and I only have one wish that I be able one day to master the KN7 the way you do.
Mike Aviv

#55163 - 04/03/06 12:44 PM Re: New Recordings
Carolyn Offline

Loc: Theodore, Al, USA
I am now listening to some of your songs from the "songs4U", Vol. 8. They are wonderful. Your playing of "In The Mood", brought back many memories. Thanks, Carolyn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online