SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#49668 - 10/09/05 05:38 PM Tyros 2 vs Korg OASYS
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
Hello Folks!

Have not post anything here for a long time now. Feel that I donīt have anything new to bring you. I also have some problems with english, when I go into technical discussions. However, I can sure you that I read your topics and replies, with great interest.

I still have the KN7000, KN6000 and KN3000 and a Yamaha Motife at home and I also frequently use an 16 track HD-recorder.

Taking part in your discussion of the Tyros 2,which not yet is launched here in Sweden, I have listen to some demos of it in Mp3, and they sounds very good to me, but maybe not so far from the KN7000, which is a very good keyboard still after a couple of years, and I use it on my giggs about 10-12 times a month.

The best thing on the new Tyros, seems to me, is the 2 track voice recorder on the HD. I have not found out if itīs possible to record or overdubbing more than one stereo-voice. Maybe someone has a answer in this? I also know that Yamaha has very good effects, which have a great influence on the finally sound.

For two days ago I have the great honnor to try a Korg OASYS (Open Architectur Synthesis Studio)on appro for a week. I will only say, WHOOHOO... This is the ultimate keyboard I waited for. Insted of involving me in technical things ( se above), just go, if you have the interest, to: www.korg.com, gear, keyboard & modules and finally "click" OASYS. Then read the specs and use this site for a overlook. Then went to your dealer and try with own hands... Youīll never leave it...

Unfortunately, itīs not cheap, but I will drop my KN6000,KN3000 and the Motife and also the 16 track HD-recorder. I then maybe get a resonable difference.

I will keep the KN7000, which works like a Swiss watch. When Tyros 2 get here, I will take a look and try it. I donīt trust in those demos, remember that also the demos in KN7000 sounds very good.

Well friends, hope to hear any comments in this...

Greetings from Lindoz in a Sweden with summerwinds, can you believe it? Is it October really?

[This message has been edited by Lindoz (edited 10-09-2005).]

#49669 - 10/09/05 05:47 PM Re: Tyros 2 vs Korg OASYS
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Sounds great Lindoz but the price is stagering
The tyros has 2 Stereo tracks for a total of 4 tracks. Should be enough with everything else it has, including 200 Gb Hard drive
I have put all Tyros 2 specs and info in the Yamaha Forum, here in the Synthzone.
Best regards,
Bebop

#49670 - 10/10/05 02:24 AM Re: Tyros 2 vs Korg OASYS
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Lindoz:
Hello Folks!
For two days ago I have the great honnor to try a Korg OASYS (Open Architectur Synthesis Studio)(edited 10-09-2005).]

Hi Lindoz
Nice to see you back posting.
Yes the Oasys is one hell of a bit of kit,it makes the Tyros seem like a children's toy but unfortunately at a price.
With the 76 note at Ģ5149 and the 88 note at Ģ5399 here in the UK is very expensive and very technical for most people in the arranger market. The interesting thing for me is to see the next generation of Korg arranger keyboards particularly as most of the top guys at Technics research & development have now moved over to Korg so who knows we may be seeing the user friendly banner in future Korgs.
Regards Johnnie

#49671 - 10/10/05 02:25 AM Re: Tyros 2 vs Korg OASYS
technicsplayer Offline

Hi there again Lindoz
actually the correct information is that tyros 2 only has a 2 track audio recorder. You can mix a maximum of 2 stereo inputs. Audio files can be exported and imported via the usb but not edited. Overdub is possible with 1 level undo on files recorded on the tyros 2. Start and stop editing is only markers, not cropping, and there is a normalise.
Weather is fine here too!

#49672 - 10/10/05 02:39 AM Re: Tyros 2 vs Korg OASYS
Lindoz Offline

Hi Be Bop,

Yes it could have a more friendly price. Around 8000$ I believe. However you get a lot of things, 16 tr midiseq and 16 tr audiorecording which could be mixed together. A real pro sampler and thousands of very good sounds. The CX-3 tonwheele organ and 172 voices,12 insert studio effects and 32-3 band sweepable EQ.

You can add sampled audio directly in a Midi-track. Directly CD-masterburning, and a wonderful colordisplay of 10,4". Only missing thing is a coffemaker... D:

Maybe not really a homekeyboard, but more an recording workstation/keyboard combined. But it seems to go this way with todays new keyboards.

Rgd
Lindoz

[This message has been edited by Lindoz (edited 10-10-2005).]

#49673 - 10/10/05 02:53 AM Re: Tyros 2 vs Korg OASYS
Lindoz Offline

Hi Johnnie,

I also heard the ruomor of where the Technics old stuff went. We maybe hear more next year in the Frankfurt Messe.

Thou Iīm gigging throu my own company or maybe you called it Ltd? I have the great pleasure to subtract an object, before I pay the tax. I also have a good price with my dealer, sometimes 30% off and I also get back the VAT tax. Donīt know what they called this tax in US. So you see I donīt have so much to loose...

Rgd
Lindoz

#49674 - 10/10/05 03:00 AM Re: Tyros 2 vs Korg OASYS
Lindoz Offline

Hi Alec,

Good to see you still onboard, and always alert. I will try your weather soon, because I go to Wales for 5 days on the 23:rd of Oct. Just relaxing and look at some castles etc.

Rgd
Lindoz

#49675 - 10/10/05 03:10 AM Re: Tyros 2 vs Korg OASYS
technicsplayer Offline

Wales? in late October? you might be lucky we'll be busy with a tyros 2 unveiling for the general public at that time.

#49676 - 10/10/05 09:50 AM Re: Tyros 2 vs Korg OASYS
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Sounds great Lindoz but the price is stagering
The tyros has 2 Stereo tracks for a total of 4 tracks. Should be enough with everything else it has, including 200 Gb Hard drive
I have put all Tyros 2 specs and info in the Yamaha Forum, here in the Synthzone.
Best regards,
Bebop

BEBOP are you sure the Tyros 2 has a 200GB hard drive as I didn't think it came with any and had to be purchased as an extra? 200GB is huge to store styles and songs on. I do know it takes the USB data sticks.

#49677 - 10/10/05 11:28 AM Re: Tyros 2 vs Korg OASYS
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:

BEBOP are you sure the Tyros 2 has a 200GB hard drive as I didn't think it came with any and had to be purchased as an extra? 200GB is huge to store styles and songs on. I do know it takes the USB data sticks.

Hard drive is an extra option but can be purchased on the open market and installed by the owner. the specs do say up to 200Gb\
check out the specs in the Yamaha Forum here in the synth zone
Bebop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online