SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#61908 - 09/30/05 01:04 PM NEW TYROS PRICES
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just looking through different sites and found one in UK. advertising the NEW TYROS 2 @ £3000. I don't think I'll bother at prices like that. I can't see it being that much better than the KN7000.
peter b

#61909 - 09/30/05 01:27 PM Re: NEW TYROS PRICES
N9FAL Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
I'm looking at the PA1X. I've played one several times; great voices, but when I get home and play my KN7000, I just can't bring myself to part with it to fund anything else because there is not a bad sound on it and I would most likely regret it.

Mark

#61910 - 09/30/05 02:44 PM Re: NEW TYROS PRICES
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Peter. The lowest published advertised Tyros2 price 'allowed by Yamaha', is a LOT LOT higher than the negotiated actual street price. My Tyos2 cost me FAR LESS than the US dollar equivilent of that extravagent £3000 amount you gave me , and substantially less than the negotiated low price I paid for my Technics KN5000 as well. The key to getting a lower price is negotiation. Secondly, my guess is that the Tyros2 will drop after the inital hoopla has waned. - Scott

#61911 - 09/30/05 10:00 PM Re: NEW TYROS PRICES
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Mark
I have done exactly the same as you. I thought I might like a change and I've had a good look at the PA1X and then, Like you, I got home and played my KN7000 and the only thing that was better on the Korg was the Vocal Harmoniser and I think I can live with that.
Regards
Peter B

#61912 - 10/01/05 02:03 AM Re: NEW TYROS PRICES
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
I think it is a case of me too! Committed myself to buy the Roland G-70, then couldn't quit the KN7000 so I've ended up with both. Mind you I had some other equipment which did get sold to ease the financial stress, and also the space stress, considering I play from a very small home study.
I think I will have to ignore Tyros 2. One of the keyboards I did sell was the PSR3000. An excellent keyboard but it just didn't have the fullness of sound that the KN and G-70 have.
Keith

#61913 - 10/01/05 05:11 AM Re: NEW TYROS PRICES
N9FAL Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Congrats, Scott on your new purchase. I'm sure the anticipation/excitment level is high. When do you expect to take delivery?
Of course, we will all look forward to your report since your opinion based on your experience is highly valued.

Peter and Keith. I play jazz standards, and have found the 7000 to be the best for me. Doing a sound/style comparison between keyboards, Ive found, like anything else, each model shines in a cetain area, and when all is said and done, the 7000 is still hard to beat. The only thing that worries me is the issue if the Technics keyboards can be serviced if needed.
I have a taste of the PA1X by picking up a PA 50 a year ago.
Right now, I'm going to get a midi-base pedal board and looking at the PadPro by Freehand Sys.

Mark

#61914 - 10/01/05 08:53 AM Re: NEW TYROS PRICES
Anonymous
Unregistered

HI Scott.
Thats the first time that I've seen any published price in the U.K.. I would agree that it would be negotiable and with you being a professional then you would no doubt be able to get the best deal because you are in effect advertising the product for Yamaha. It may however be a while before a price reduction is seen by any home based buyer.
Regards
Peter B
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Peter. The lowest published advertised Tyros2 price 'allowed by Yamaha', is a LOT LOT higher than the negotiated actual street price. My Tyos2 cost me FAR LESS than the US dollar equivilent of that extravagent £3000 amount you gave me , and substantially less than the negotiated low price I paid for my Technics KN5000 as well. The key to getting a lower price is negotiation. Secondly, my guess is that the Tyros2 will drop after the inital hoopla has waned. - Scott

#61915 - 10/02/05 12:42 PM Re: NEW TYROS PRICES
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
street price. My Tyos2 cost me FAR LESS has waned. - Scott

Scott
how many bucks in real terms have you been charged for your Tyros2
I can't believe that you have committed to buy when you have not even tried/played one particularly as they are not available to dealers until later this month

#61916 - 10/02/05 01:13 PM Re: NEW TYROS PRICES
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Johnnie.c:
I can't believe that you have committed to buy when you have not even tried/played one particularly as they are not available to dealers until later this month

I have purchased my last four Technics keyboards without trying/playing them. The Technics company has never dissapointed me.
John C.

#61917 - 10/02/05 01:55 PM Re: NEW TYROS PRICES
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:

I have purchased my last four Technics keyboards without trying/playing them.
[/B]

what about the Tyros you are trying to sell did you buy that without trying one first also

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online