SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#65665 - 07/09/05 05:14 AM Cole Porter song
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
First off, my strongest best wishes and fervent prayers to all my UK friends and acquaintances on the terrible events in London this week. Having lived through our horrendous New York 9/11 terrorist attacks a few years ago, I know only too well the panic and fear that ensues such criminal and cowardly terrorist attacks on innocent people. And what does it prove? Absolutely nothing, except what cowards they all are to attack the unprepared and unarmed. Bless you all, and I will, among millions of others, continue to pray for a brighter future for this sad world we live in...

But my basic reason for this message is to ask if anyone has a lead sheet (melody and chord symbols) for the poignant and incredibly beautiful Cole Porter song "Every time we say goodbye I die a little." I would prefer it in the key of F or Eb, but can transpose it from any key you may have it in, since I play strictly by ear and transposition is not a major problem for me. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ted Rose

P.S. If you have not seen the American movie "It's Delovely," by all means see it. It is the life, supposedly, of Cole Porter (raunchy though it may have been), but filled with his inctredibly lovely songs (although not always sung as I would have preferred them to be sung). To me the highlight, however, (and the one that made me and my wife weep no end!) was the song requested here, sung by the incomparable Natalie Cole. (How proud her father would have been of her and the way she caresses the lyrics of a song such as this!)

Cheers and god bless you all!

Ted

#65666 - 07/09/05 05:46 AM Re: Cole Porter song
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#65667 - 07/09/05 05:54 AM Re: Cole Porter song
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#65668 - 07/09/05 06:25 AM Re: Cole Porter song
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ted,

Check your mail.

Fran in Florida

#65669 - 07/09/05 11:40 AM Re: Cole Porter song
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Thank you all who responded to my plea! I now have the great song in several keys and the complete lyrics. I knew I could depend on you all for help, and as usual I was right!!!! Here is the frustrated Rose (Ted that is!), watered by your kindness, reviving.

Thanks everyone!

Ted Rose

#65670 - 07/09/05 12:20 PM Re: Cole Porter song
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
You can't mention that song without also associating it with the incomparable Ella... Her version is sheer magic

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online