SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#63012 - 05/15/05 08:04 AM Deleting styles in Panel Memory
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
How do you delete unwanted factory set styles in the panel memory.
Also the ability to write the song and track title when saving registrations in panel memory seems illusive on my KN7000,although I have been able in the past to do this ok

#63013 - 05/15/05 08:22 AM Re: Deleting styles in Panel Memory
technicsplayer Offline

to name a panel memory or bank just hold the relevant button for a shortcut.

Deleting panel memories is rather a false concept since you overwrite with whatever you choose. Choices could include for example initial setting, piano only, silence, or if a song ends at panel memory 6 and you are afraid of accidentally jumping to the next inappropriate setting, duplicate 6 in 7 and 8 then an unintended foot stomp on the increment switch won't spoil an ending.

To duplicate panel memories just select the master setup hold SET and press the others in turn you want to replace.

#63014 - 05/15/05 07:20 PM Re: Deleting styles in Panel Memory
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:

Deleting panel memories is rather a false concept since you overwrite with whatever you choose. Choices could include for example initial setting, piano only, silence, or if a song ends at panel memory 6 and you are afraid of accidentally jumping to the next inappropriate setting, duplicate 6 in 7 and 8 then an unintended foot stomp on the increment switch won't spoil an ending.

To duplicate panel memories just select the master setup hold SET and press the others in turn you want to replace.

Hi, I am Roland KN7000
I am new to this and just spoted this item about panel memory. My problem is since a week ago if I save a setting to PM and want to give it a name the Memory Naming or Bank Naming will not change to the page were I can write the name. Also in "Bank A" the first seven Memory Banks are now blank on the screen and I can't give any of them a name. I have even used the origional disk supplied to set up the Keyboard to the factory setting but it wont make any difference. Just won't respond. Very anoying.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks Roland

#63015 - 05/16/05 04:17 AM Re: Deleting styles in Panel Memory
technicsplayer Offline

The only thing you can try without opening it up is a factory reset. Hold down 8&16bt, rock, ballad and jazz buttons and switch on. You'll lose all settings except the custom styles.

#63016 - 05/16/05 09:48 AM Re: Deleting styles in Panel Memory
D.Munson Offline

Quote:

I appreciate what yuo're saying,however when I've downloaded registrations from some websites,and only 1 to 4 on the PM have been used,5 to 8 have shown clear,it is this setup I would like to know.

Derek Munson

#63017 - 05/16/05 12:00 PM Re: Deleting styles in Panel Memory
technicsplayer Offline

If you are referring to all the styles I produced for download at http://www.technicskn7000.com/home.asp then panel memories 5 to 8 of bank A and banks B and C are simply the initial setting of the KN7000 of simple piano sound saved as described in my previous answer.

#63018 - 05/17/05 09:28 AM Re: Deleting styles in Panel Memory
D.Munson Offline

Quote:
If you are referring to all the styles I produced for download at http://www.technicskn7000.com/home.asp then panel memories 5 to 8 of bank A and banks B and C are simply the initial setting of the KN7000 of simple piano sound saved as described in my previous answer.

No I was refering to registrations downloaded from Style Disc Warehouse and Carillon Studios,not all but some.If they can leave 5 - 8 PM tracks clear .there must be a way of deleting the unwanted registrations.

#63019 - 05/17/05 02:44 PM Re: Deleting styles in Panel Memory
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by D.Munson:
there must be a way of deleting the unwanted registrations.

sure there is, overwrite them with whatever you like in precisely the same way that they were created in the first place.

#63020 - 05/18/05 04:40 AM Re: Deleting styles in Panel Memory
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by D.Munson:
[B] I was refering to registrations downloaded from Style Disc Warehouse and Carillon Studios,not all but some.B]

If you mean Carillon (Romero) disks like Strict Tempo and Shades of Green then bank C is silence as I described in my first post and can be seen in the screen by the sliders being zeroed. Similarly Style Disk Warehouse (Blake) disks Music To Watch Girls Go By have some files with panel memories 5 to 8 with the right hand voices and apc muted in the screen, although here left and root bass and chord will still sound, but the principle is exactly the same as I first described.

#63021 - 05/18/05 06:43 AM Re: Deleting styles in Panel Memory
D.Munson Offline

Quote:
If you mean Carillon (Romero) disks like Strict Tempo and Shades of Green then bank C is silence as I described in my first post and can be seen in the screen by the sliders being zeroed. Similarly Style Disk Warehouse (Blake) disks Music To Watch Girls Go By have some files with panel memories 5 to 8 with the right hand voices and apc muted in the screen, although here left and root bass and chord will still sound, but the principle is exactly the same as I first described.

Thank you Techplayer for your replies,the registrations I mentioned however do have the word clear on 5 - 8 PM tracks,and no sound on either left or right on the keyboard.
Derek Munson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online