SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#39114 - 03/29/05 06:24 AM Playing along with midi files
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to mute the melody and use custom sounds to play along with the accompionment?

#39115 - 03/29/05 10:09 AM Re: Playing along with midi files
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sho nuff. (yes)

Fran in Florida

#39116 - 03/29/05 06:24 PM Re: Playing along with midi files
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
D. I do it all the time .... I usually take the melody track and copy it to another track, reassign the proper track (part) number .... I can then mute the melody track and play along with the midi file ... I try to make track 1 available for my playing, this way it is easier to select the voice I want to use ...
t.

#39117 - 03/30/05 02:47 AM Re: Playing along with midi files
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Whoa there - this sounds interesting Tony...would you be ever so kind and start from the beginning with this one - e.g. from say loading a midi file into your KN7000 from a floppy disk....I think this means I can retire my left hand, doesn't it?
Rog

#39118 - 03/30/05 06:50 AM Re: Playing along with midi files
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
D. I do it all the time .... I usually take the melody track and copy it to another track, reassign the proper track (part) number .... I can then mute the melody track and play along with the midi file ... I try to make track 1 available for my playing, this way it is easier to select the voice I want to use ...
t.

Tony,
Can you be a little more explicit having never attempted to alter any settings on the composer myself.

Derek Munson

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online