SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#47320 - 01/21/05 12:13 PM Bass Pedals for PR54
Koda Offline

Loc: Canada
I purchased a little yamaha keyboard as a xmas present for our whole family, I enjoyed playing again so much I went out boxing day and purchased a Techinics Pr54.
I took piano lessons when I was 6 and organ lessons when i was 13 for about 6 years( I am 44 now )

Although I don't remember much and just started taking lessons agian(things are coming back to me) I realize I miss having a bass pedal board. I checked out roland (k7?) but it is 22 1/2" and the distance between the inside of the pr54 and the dampening pedal is 21 1/2" so it won't fit with out removing the pedal. The roland rep sugested getting the larger model and removing both pedals since it comes with i't own sustain pedal. I don't really like this idea , but it is an option.

Anyone have any suggestions or recomondations? Do the add on pedals work well? I just miss the bass and my feet are just looking for something to do

BTW I am new here,

#47321 - 01/21/05 12:43 PM Re: Bass Pedals for PR54
Anonymous
Unregistered

Koda,

Welcome to the forum. I am not familiar with the PR 54, but you sure came to the right place for an answer.

If there is a solution, you should find it here. Heather maybe?

Fran in Florida

#47322 - 01/21/05 02:54 PM Re: Bass Pedals for PR54
Khai Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
Dear Koda,

Hi there! It is good to know that I am not alone in feeling that "my feet are just looking for something to do".

I am also quite new here.

------------------
Khai

#47323 - 01/22/05 07:33 AM Re: Bass Pedals for PR54
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Hi,

You might want to consider midi pedals one oct. that we carry and another Fatar brand that has about 1 1/2 oct. We ship these pedals all over the US and Canada. However using midi pedals you will loose a sound from your right side (part one or two or left)that you will program to send down go the pedals (any sound). This means that whatever type keyboard/digital piano you are using you will loose a opportunity to layer
sounds during the use of the midi pedals.

If I remember right the PR 54 is a digital piano. You could actually take the keyboard part off and mount this on a heavy duty full size keyboard stand and re wire a flat sustain pedal add your pedals split the keyboard and you are all set.

If you need more info email me at: keybstud@sc.rr.com

Walt Tenay Keyboard Studios.

Quote:
Originally posted by Koda:
I purchased a little yamaha keyboard as a xmas present for our whole family, I enjoyed playing again so much I went out boxing day and purchased a Techinics Pr54.
I took piano lessons when I was 6 and organ lessons when i was 13 for about 6 years( I am 44 now )

Although I don't remember much and just started taking lessons agian(things are coming back to me) I realize I miss having a bass pedal board. I checked out roland (k7?) but it is 22 1/2" and the distance between the inside of the pr54 and the dampening pedal is 21 1/2" so it won't fit with out removing the pedal. The roland rep sugested getting the larger model and removing both pedals since it comes with i't own sustain pedal. I don't really like this idea , but it is an option.

Anyone have any suggestions or recomondations? Do the add on pedals work well? I just miss the bass and my feet are just looking for something to do

BTW I am new here,

#47324 - 01/22/05 12:43 PM Re: Bass Pedals for PR54
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Koda,

I built my own MIDI pedals using the pedals from an old organ and the circuitry from a discarded keyboard as the MIDI interface. If you or a friend have the necessary skills (Electronic, carpentry, metalwork) to do this it should then be possible to build a set of pedals to suit your dimensional requirements. I have built 3 sets over the last 4 years and one has been used by a pro friend for his gigs over the last 18 months. My current pedal board has 30 notes. If you require further information I can provide it.
Incidently if you assign your pedals and one of the additional parts to the appropriate MIDI channel you do not lose one of your layered sounds and can still have any sound on the instrument assigned to the pedals. In fact if you assign more than one part to the same MIDI channel you can actually layer pedal sounds.

Cheers
Len C.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online