SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#62625 - 11/10/04 01:47 AM SD Card reading
Jack Docters Offline

Loc: Eindhoven Netherlands
Hi to all of you,
Last week I bought me a Apacer card reader. after install it succesfully on my PC with Windows XP without the demo of Fred's SD Explorer.
I put a SD card in the reader, it contents styles and some midifiles.
When I look on my PC in removeable disk and open then the files PRIVATE-TECHNICS and KN7000 I can see all the styles.I don't format anything.
Now I close all the files and take my SD card out of the reader and put them into my KN 7000 keyboard.
It give me a fright when I see that the SD card is empty while the display says that 2% of the 128MB card is still used.
How can I make the styles in my keyboard visible again.
I know that this has noting to do with Fred's SD Explorer, his tool is OK.

Jack

#62626 - 11/10/04 06:11 AM Re: SD Card reading
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Jack, if you put the card back into your reader in the PC, do you see that all of the files are still there?
What I am worried about is that not all card readers can be "hot switched". This means that not all readers allow you to remove the reader or the card from the PC without first turning off the reader by using some sort of software routine, else data loss may occur.
I have two readers. One I can just remove without problems, the other one I have to remember to "eject" using the right mouse button in Windows Explorer. With the reader connected, look and see if there is an "eject" option in the Explorer menu (right mouse click on "Removable Disc" icon).
Walt

[This message has been edited by Walt Meyer (edited 11-10-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Walt Meyer (edited 11-10-2004).]

#62627 - 11/10/04 10:09 AM Re: SD Card reading
jrw Offline

Loc: Salem, OR USA
Hi Jack; Styles are in the CUSTOM folder. Unless you have the following setup the KN7000 will not see them. PRIVATE/TECHNICS/KN7000/CUSTOM. Without this structure the KN7000 will think the SD card is empty of styles. Files (songs) with a MID file extension will not show on the KN7000. The MIDI files have to be copied to the SD card through -- SD TOOLS - SD-SOUND TOOLS - COPY FROM DISK. Hope this helps. Dick

#62628 - 11/10/04 11:52 AM Re: SD Card reading
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hi Folks,

In the future we plan to implement handling MIDI files, CST (Custom Styles) and even SD-Audio (mp3) with SDExplorer. However much of these plans depend on the amount of customers.
At the moment w.r.t. the current "installed base" we will release a Version 1.10, with Win98/ME beta compatibility, Alphabetical searching, Progress bar during Verify, and some more features and fixes, and leave it at that stage. We have spent so much time that although we don't need to live on it, like some ROI for the hobby.

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred

#62629 - 11/10/04 01:27 PM Re: SD Card reading
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by fmlk4u:
Hi Folks,

In the future we plan to implement handling MIDI files, CST (Custom Styles) and even SD-Audio (mp3) with SDExplorer. However much of these plans depend on the amount of customers.
At the moment w.r.t. the current "installed base" we will release a Version 1.10, with Win98/ME beta compatibility, Alphabetical searching, Progress bar during Verify, and some more features and fixes, and leave it at that stage. We have spent so much time that although we don't need to live on it, like some ROI for the hobby.

Does the above mean that these new facilities will incur extra costs over and above the present cost of the programme
or will these be as upgrades for present owners ?

#62630 - 11/10/04 03:33 PM Re: SD Card reading
Anonymous
Unregistered

Johnnie,

The developers of this tool spent many hours to put it together so we who could not do the same, can benitit from their expertise.

I spent $50 for what I now have and it is, in my opinion well worth the investment for software that can save me hours of time. This investment assured me of on line support for what I purchased. If there are upgrades and they are usable to me, I will pay the cost.

Freeware and Shareware are wonderful, but they depend on the honesty of the user. When I find a shareware program that I can use, I share in the cost in making a donation to the creater of that software.

I support Fred in his endevours and if enough folks would support ($50), I am sure any upgrades, within reason would be included.

Fran in Florida

#62631 - 11/10/04 10:02 PM Re: SD Card reading
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran in Florida:
Johnnie,

The developers of this tool spent many hours to put it together so we who could not do the same, can benitit from their expertise.

Fran
I was not exactly asking what you felt about Fred's SD explorer tool or what it does for you or if you are satisfied with it's results & how much it cost you , I already have this information from Fred himself.
If you read my post you will see it is in direct response to Fred's post & was directed to him.

#62632 - 11/11/04 11:08 AM Re: SD Card reading
Anonymous
Unregistered

Johnnie,

"If you read my post you will see it is in direct response to Fred's post & was directed to him."

Sorry if I offended you. In the future I will make sure I do not reply to any of your posts.

Fran in Florida

#62633 - 11/11/04 01:47 PM Re: SD Card reading
Jack Docters Offline

Loc: Eindhoven Netherlands
Hi Walt,
Yes, when I put the SD cart in my PC again it would be show the same as before, PRIVATE,TECHNICS, KN7000 and 3 TLFD files that I can open.
When I klick the right mouse on the SD exchangeable disk there is a "eject" but it does't do anything.

Jack

#62634 - 11/11/04 02:07 PM Re: SD Card reading
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jack,

On my XP, in the tool tray there is an icon for safe disconnect. When you click the drive it turns off power to the reader. The red light goes out.

Fran in Florida

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online