SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#47094 - 09/24/04 03:29 PM Chord Editing Using APC
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hi Gang:

There was a post awhile back, which may have been effected by the forum's hard drive crash, which was on how to edit chords. I use Easy Record to record, which uses the APC track not the CHD track. I like to know what editing techniques are used by the kind Forum Users here to edit chords? I know there are a few ways do this, but like to know if there is another method I’m not aware of...

Here are the possibilities I found:

Edit the Left Track using Step Record. Find the location (*) where the 3 notes make up Emi and add the 4th note to make it Emi7. The added note has to be adjusted.

Edit the Left Track using Note Edit. Find the location where the 3 notes make up Emi and add the 4th note to make it Emi7. The added note has to be adjusted.

[Best Method] Edit the APC Track using Note Edit. Find the location where the 3 notes make up Emi and add the 4th note to make it Emi7. The added note has to be adjusted. Doing it this way does display Emi7 when playing the song back. Not the case with the above two methods, those show Emi still.

Is there a place where the chord itself is stored? I know if Step Record is used and the Track is CHD then the answer is
yes, but what about using the Track as APC???

Oh! Some replies may suggest using Punch Record, which is another way, but not what I'm looking for (but worth mentioning). You see, I can't remember Emi7 while I’m playing, so I like to edit it later. Oh my gosh, that's cheating...

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 09-24-2004).]

#47095 - 09/24/04 05:13 PM Re: Chord Editing Using APC
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Good question Anthony, and I bet Lindoz knows the answer.

I have always thought that it was impossible to edit chords when you sequence a song using Easy Record.

I too will be looking for this answer, if there is one.

Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#47096 - 09/24/04 08:18 PM Re: Chord Editing Using APC
AnthonyCian Offline

Hi Larry:

Editing chords using the APC track is possible but tricky.

The method I use is using Note Edit on the APC Track. It doesn't show "Chords" like the Chord Track which is what I'm looking for, which may not exist. Using Note Edit one has to edit the 3 or 4 single notes that make up the chord.

Did you know, if a person edits a chord using the APC Note Edit feature and is also using the Left Track, that too has to be edited to match? That is, if a D chord was changed to a G chord in the APC Track at the 4th measure, then the Left Track at measure 4 (same spot) will have to be changed from D to G. If not, when played back the APC is playing G and the Left is playing D. (Hmmm, this can make some interesting harmony effects...)

That's why I was hoping to find another method that I may not know of. The more I think of it, the more Punch Record may be the answer. Which is another way of editing using APC, maybe the preferred way.

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 09-24-2004).]

#47097 - 09/25/04 01:59 PM Re: Chord Editing Using APC
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Personally, I use step record to change the notes in a chord. It's somewhat time consuming, but not quite as confusing as using the note editor in the sequencer. I have never used Punch Record and maybe someone at the East Coast Jam will be willing to show me the procedure. Try using the sequencer editor on a song where you've used right 2 in one of the panel memories, and you'll see just how confusing these editors can get.

#47098 - 09/26/04 02:15 PM Re: Chord Editing Using APC
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
Hi
The editing described above is dependent of the LEFT button in used with a part. I.e. if you play chords with a sound simultaneously together with the Easy Record. In that case you have the notes you play in the LFT track and they can of course be edit note by note, and the APC (auto play chords) will follow this. However, when you use Easy Record with the Left button off, you cant find your chords anywhere and the APC track itself is always uneditable in both cases. Like Bud Whipple, I find the CHD track most useful and very easy to edit.

Regards Lindoz

#47099 - 09/28/04 08:53 AM Re: Chord Editing Using APC
AnthonyCian Offline

Thanks everyone for your input. Interesting on how many ways one can approach this.

Anyone else game to include how they handle CHD/APC editing?

Thanks, Anthony

#47100 - 09/29/04 07:38 AM Re: Chord Editing Using APC
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Anyone else game to include how they handle CHD/APC editing?

Thanks, Anthony[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Anthony
I notice that no one has mentioned using Realtime recording but using the 'Cycle Record' method for the bars that you want to edit.

John

#47101 - 09/30/04 11:55 PM Re: Chord Editing Using APC
AnthonyCian Offline

Cycle Record? Will have to look into that method. Thanks...
Anthony

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online