SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43657 - 02/28/04 06:53 AM KN7000 problem
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Recently every time I switch the KN7000 keyboard on, all sounds from the split point to the right of the keyboard are detuned by a semitone which I have to initialise the keyboard to correct. Has anyone experienced this problem, and how have they prminently corrected it?

------------------
DFmunson

#43658 - 02/28/04 12:49 PM Re: KN7000 problem
technicsplayer Offline

You should not need to initialise, set the Custom Panel to All Panel and save the correct starting conditions there, then all you need to do is press this after you switch on. One possible reason is a latching footswitch set to glide for instance.

#43659 - 02/28/04 01:24 PM Re: KN7000 problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

This sounds like the problem I am having but only with pianos. Not at start up but after playing a short time. I am using two single and one 4 bank foot switch. Have disconnected, hard initialized and still have the problem.

If I get solve it before sending to the medic, I will let you know.

Fran in Florida

#43660 - 02/29/04 02:07 AM Re: KN7000 problem
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
all sounds from the split point to the right of the keyboard are detuned by a semitone
One other thought - Could it be the detune is the opposite way round, that sounds to the left are detuned. If so make sure the modulation wheel is at zero.
John

#43661 - 03/01/04 06:30 AM Re: KN7000 problem
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
You should not need to initialise, set the Custom Panel to All Panel and save the correct starting conditions there, then all you need to do is press this after you switch on. One possible reason is a latching footswitch set to glide for instance.

Thank you for your suggested remidy for my KN7000 problem. I tried it but it did not solve the problem. Have you any further solutions?

D.Munson

#43662 - 03/01/04 08:18 AM Re: KN7000 problem
technicsplayer Offline

Well I've never seen this problem, but disconnecting any footswitches has cured the same symptoms for a few people in the past. Otherwise try holding down the 8&16, Rock, Ballad and Jazz Rhythm buttons and switch on and see if it makes any difference.

#43663 - 03/01/04 07:29 PM Re: KN7000 problem
Mary in Tucson Offline

Loc: tucson, Arizona, USA
I had this problem with my 6500. I was in
contact with Eddie Williams for a long time.
They put in 2 new main boards and a new disc
drive but the problem persisted. If I changed Foot Switch 2 from glide to something
else it fixed it temporarily, but when turning it on again it was the same thing again. Finally, Eddie sent me 2 Technics
foot switches (I was using a different kind) and since then I have not had any problem and that was last May. Hope you can solve
your problem, it is very frustrating.

Mary in Tucson

#43664 - 03/02/04 01:58 AM Re: KN7000 problem
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mary in Tucson:
I had this problem with my 6500. I was in
contact with Eddie Williams for a long time.
They put in 2 new main boards and a new disc
drive but the problem persisted. If I changed Foot Switch 2 from glide to something
else it fixed it temporarily, but when turning it on again it was the same thing again. Finally, Eddie sent me 2 Technics
foot switches (I was using a different kind) and since then I have not had any problem and that was last May. Hope you can solve
your problem, it is very frustrating.

Mary in Tucson

as I first explained this has been a well known symptom for many years. I'm absolutely amazed they wasted your time with new main boards and disk drive!! before trying the footswitch. Because glide is a default setting a latching footswitch (which the Technics are not) will produce the pitch shift. You won't see it if you remember to kick the latching switch back after you've used it, but easier to get a non-latching or correct polarity switch like the Technics. It's easy enough to disable the glide function if you wish with Custom Panel immediately after switch on.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online