SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#60204 - 02/15/04 10:14 AM Right 1/2 sound w/ and wo/ APC
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
R1 will have GRAND PIANO, the APC is set to off. Pressing high C on the piano, I get high C. When I press the APC button to active APC, pressing the high C note (R1) it sounds the same, NO OCTAVE CHANGE.

I will then turn off the APC, change R1 to RECORDER SOLOIST. Press high C and get high C. Turn APC on, and when I press high C (R1) I get the Recorder Soloist one Octave higher then when the APC was off.

Doing the above using TOUCH FLAMENCO, goes the other direction when pressing high C. With the APC on, it sounds One Octave Lower.

What is triggering this event and could it be possible for the user(me) to set these myself somewhere? There are times I like to keep the sound the same when the APC is on as when it is Off, like the GRAND PIANO sound.

AnthonyCian...

#60205 - 02/15/04 12:23 PM Re: Right 1/2 sound w/ and wo/ APC
technicsplayer Offline

this is preset for each individual sound just to put the most useable (i.e. natural) octaves of the sound in the most comfortable part of the keyboard when the keyboard is split to compensate for the loss of keys due to the split.

To avoid it, maybe easiest, put the setups in panel memories with a suitable octave shift where necessary. On the 7k the recorder does not change octaves but the clarinets and double reeds do.

#60206 - 02/15/04 12:59 PM Re: Right 1/2 sound w/ and wo/ APC
AnthonyCian Offline

Yes, I been using the panel memories to set the octave accordingly when the keyboard is split. But was hoping the setting can be manage in the sound.

You don't think the preset octave setting when the keyboard is split can be managed? The only course is to use panel memory???

AnthonyCian

#60207 - 02/15/04 03:40 PM Re: Right 1/2 sound w/ and wo/ APC
technicsplayer Offline

presets are presets and panel memories are user settings!

#60208 - 02/15/04 04:08 PM Re: Right 1/2 sound w/ and wo/ APC
AnthonyCian Offline

ok

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online