SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#39205 - 11/02/03 02:33 AM KN7000 - Favorites
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Having now almost filled a 128mb SD Card with settings for over 600 songs that I play I decided to re-sort them into a number of different orders dependant on whether I'm playing a'Country music' evening or a '60's' evening etc etc.
So I decided to try this thing called 'Favorites' - the trick with it has to be that you can stay on the favorites screen/display when playing live so readily enabling you to move from one number to the next. Trouble is 'display hold' seems to cancel out after you've loaded the next number and unless you remember to press it again your subsequent load takes you back to the 'home' screen...
So then I thought...what's this button over here on the right that is marked favorites - but that seems to be about something else altogether - two favorites in one machine eh...that never worked that well when I was a kid in school.
Any thoughts anybody???

#39206 - 11/02/03 04:56 AM Re: KN7000 - Favorites
technicsplayer Offline

Since one is labelled Favorite Songs on the SD menu and the other labelled Favorites because it is a global shortcut route to anything on the keyboard I see no confusion.

Simply put a Favorite Songs shorcut in the first space on the first Favorite page and you have another 2 press route to reach your Favorite Songs.

Press Favorites and then Favorites Setting.
In the middle scroll down to SD Menu.
On the right scroll down to SD Favorite Songs.
Hold Set on the volume button.
Screen changes, choose a slot on that Favorite page and press the button.
Let go Set and press OK.

Now after a load you have the alternative of pressing Favorites and then SD Favorite Songs, this page being permanently in flash memory.

If you press display hold before loading from the Favorite Songs page you will stay on the Favorite Songs page ready for the next song.

#39207 - 11/02/03 06:21 AM Re: KN7000 - Favorites
RMepstead Offline

Thanks Alec as always - I've just written that down on a spare piece of paper and I'll give it a try in a minute.
I thought those three buttons in the silver circle on the right must have some good purpose...chuckle.
Cheers
Roger M

#39208 - 11/04/03 03:17 AM Re: KN7000 - Favorites
technicsplayer Offline

It's just a question of putting your Favorite Song on your Favorite Page, easily reached by your Favorite Button through the Favorite Menu to get your list of Favorites in your Favorite Screen... what's confusing about that?

#39209 - 11/04/03 06:16 AM Re: KN7000 - Favorites
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Alec --- You're a poet!!!
Walt

#39210 - 11/04/03 06:33 AM Re: KN7000 - Favorites
RMepstead Offline

Alec - you've captured my sense of humour entirely - bless you..
Tell me do you tour the UK giving demonstrations at all - I'd certainly be interested to meet you and listen to all that you had to say?
Cheers
Roger M
p.s. I tried your suggestion and it certainly provides another route to me favourites but that dear little display hold light won't stay on ad nauseum dammit...

#39211 - 11/04/03 06:49 AM Re: KN7000 - Favorites
technicsplayer Offline

just get into the habit on this page of pressing display hold then load for the next song to stay permanently on that page.

Screens change after load to confirm that what you expected to load has actually happened, otherwise after a big build up you could hit a chord and be embarrassed by not getting what you're expecting

#39212 - 11/04/03 03:51 PM Re: KN7000 - Favorites
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Re: Hold Light.

Would adjusting the 'Display Time Out' in the Control Menu help?

Aud

#39213 - 11/04/03 04:45 PM Re: KN7000 - Favorites
technicsplayer Offline

I'm afraid there's no option for it there.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online