SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#41530 - 10/29/03 07:13 AM KN7000 files available in MP3 format
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
In response to several requests from people who do not have access to a KN7000, or compatible keyboard, I have converted a selection of files from my Songs4U to MP3 format and placed them in the Download page of my website : http://mysite.freeserve.com/willumspages/index.html
Due to space restrictions imposed by my ISP, I have only been able to place 10 songs on my main website. However, I have complied a secondary site, the link to which is on the Download page of my main site and there is a further selection available on the secondary site.
To those people who showed an interest, may I take this opportunity to thank you all.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#41531 - 10/29/03 07:39 AM Re: KN7000 files available in MP3 format
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Willum,
What a great web site and terrific MP3s. They sound almost as good as when the files are played on the KN7000 (I do have a pretty decent sound system on my computer). It's nice to have the mp3s for those who do not yet have the KN7000 and would like to hear your delightful songs.
Keep it up,
Walt

#41532 - 10/29/03 11:31 AM Re: KN7000 files available in MP3 format
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hey Willum!

Great job. Now a question: how do you convert KN7000 files of Easy-Recorded songs, saved on floppy, to MP3 files? I would like to send some of mine to friends who do not have a keyboard. Thanks for everything you have given us. You are indeed the greatest, and I, for one, cherish you and your contributions to the Forum!

Best personal regards always,

Ted

#41533 - 10/29/03 03:40 PM Re: KN7000 files available in MP3 format
Bill Norrie Offline

Hi Ted,
Thanks for your kind comments.
There are two ways to produce an MP3 file from an Easy Record sequence on the KN7000. The first uses the Panasonic Audio Recorder, which was supplied on CD, with the KN7000 and is probably the easiest method. The second uses an alternative Audio Editor / Recorder, of which there are a few and allows a greater degree of flexibility in the process. I used the second method for conversion of the MP3 files on my website.
Method 1.
Load the file to be converted into the sequencer and connect the KN7000 via USB to a PC. Launch the Panasonic Audio Recorder program and start the Record process and then press the KN7000 Start to the Sequence playback.
When the sequence ends, press the Stop control on the Panasonic Recorder. Select 'File' on the Recorder Toolbar, then Save As. At the bottom of the 'Save As' window, click on the down-arrow and select 'MP3'. Enter a filename, select desired folder on the hard disc and save the file. Q.E.D.
Using method 1, does not allow any further manipulation or editing of the recording, or choice in the degree of compression applied, to the MP3 file.

Method 2.
Load the file to be converted into the sequencer and connect the KN7000 via USB to a PC. Launch the Audio file Editor program - I use Goldwave - and initialise the recording format. Start the Editor recording process and then the KN7000 sequencer playback. When the sequence has ended, stop the recording process. Generally, the PC screen will display the recorded stereo waveforms. At this point, the recording can be edited in several ways - for example : the volume level can be adjusted up or down, without affecting the signal to noise ratio, since the signal is in digital domain : silent parts of the recording at the beginning or end can be deleted if desired : Fade In and / or Fade out can be added to the recording : Equalisation, Echo or other effects could be added to all or selected parts of the recording etc.
Finally, after any editing, the file can be saved in MP3 format. In most case, the user will be offered many compression options for saving in MP3 format. For example, Goldwave offers formats from 48KHz Mono/Stereo 320kbps (highest quality - minimum compression - largest file size) down to 16KHz Mono/Stereo (lowest quality - maximum compression-smallest file size)
Because of space limitations on my website, and to restrict the files to a reasonable size for downloading via 56K Dial-up links, I generally used 22.05KHz Stereo 48kbps.Using these parameters, produced files of between 1.4Mb and 1.9Mb which were still of reasonable audio quality.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#41534 - 10/29/03 03:45 PM Re: KN7000 files available in MP3 format
Bill Norrie Offline

Thanks Walt for your kind comments - much appreciated

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

#41535 - 10/29/03 06:10 PM Re: KN7000 files available in MP3 format
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Converting Easy records to MP3 (audio) is another way to have others hear a persons work who doesn't have a compatible model, or even a Technics.

I was hoping to use the NX feature that are in the later models, so others can hear my stuff, but that's not going as well as expected. The APC to SMF convert ignores the R1/R2 and Left, and when saved as NX midi your limited really to just 2 melody instruments, well maybe 3 if left is used as a melody.

So it looks like I'm going to try MP3. The issue is I have my desktop computer in the den and the big stationary PR is in the Family room (of course on the other end of house). This will surely take one long USB cord. Anyway I will try using Method 1 first and if I don't like the results will go with method 2, using a third party editor. If I may ask, how much is Goldwave, hmmm in U.S. $...

Anthony

#41536 - 10/30/03 01:25 AM Re: KN7000 files available in MP3 format
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Bill - Great stuff - love your music.

Thank you also for your help and advice - really appreciate it. Joan

#41537 - 10/30/03 04:08 AM Re: KN7000 files available in MP3 format
Bill Norrie Offline

Goldwave details here : www.goldwave.com
Free to try, with minor limitations and about $40 US to register and enable all facilities - worth every penny
Remember that USB leads should not be longer than about 5 metres otherwise you are liable to encounter some problems. However, there are devices available which allow a greater distance between the connected devices. Examples can be found here : http://www.usbgear.com/item_49.html and here : http://www.sewelldev.com/UsbExtensionCable.asp?s=google&g=cp1ag4&a=USB_Extension_16_feet

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

#41538 - 10/30/03 04:47 AM Re: KN7000 files available in MP3 format
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi Willum,

The MP3s are also really great for those of us with personal MP3 players so we can download and play the songs where ever we go.

Thanks for taking the time.
Heather

PS I replied to your email but it came back as underliverable.

#41539 - 10/30/03 08:35 AM Re: KN7000 files available in MP3 format
Bill Norrie Offline

Hi Heather,
Thanks for your kind comments. I don't understand why your email was 'bounced'. I use Mailwasher for my email so am able to pre-view all mail in my inbox at my ISP and there does not appear to be one from you. As far as I know, my ISP(Freeserve) does not have 'earthlink' on it's banned List.

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online