SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#65173 - 06/23/03 11:08 AM sd load
Maurice Offline

Loc: UK
I have just purchased Alecs book and a 64 mb card. I have followed the section 8.13 copying files using a card reader,the files
load to the card,but when i load to kn7 I
get "The file is empty"
I was able to load 20 kn styles so I think the card is ok and I format the 8mb and tried
that also,same result.
I intended to load the all contents backup to this card,but nothing loads.
I would be truly thankfull for any help.

#65174 - 06/23/03 11:56 AM Re: sd load
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Maurice,
I strongly recommend a very useful program that makes it much easier working with songs/styles on/to your SD-card, the cardreader connected to your computer and the KN7000. This software was special made for this kind of file-handling, by our SZ-member Thomas Konig, called: Technics KN7000 SD-Card-Tool. You can download it from: http://www.thkmcs.de It's free too
Greetings,
Cees

#65175 - 06/23/03 03:59 PM Re: sd load
Maurice Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cees:
Hi Maurice,
I strongly recommend a very useful program that makes it much easier working with songs/styles on/to your SD-card, the cardreader connected to your computer and the KN7000. This software was special made for this kind of file-handling, by our SZ-member Thomas Konig, called: Technics KN7000 SD-Card-Tool. You can download it from: http://www.thkmcs.de It's free too
Greetings,
Cees

#65176 - 06/23/03 04:31 PM Re: sd load
Maurice Offline

Thank you Cees for your your promt reply.
I have downloaded the program you suggested
and it does look very usefull,however my present problem is from card reader to kn7.
The files load to the card,but the k7 says
"The File Is Empty" Any suggestions would be
more than welcome.

Love your site.

Maurice

#65177 - 06/23/03 05:40 PM Re: sd load
technicsplayer Offline

to restore a 'Total Contents' backup of all audio and sequencer demos and the 682 styles to your 64 MB card with the favorite songs and song medley already programmed and everything already renamed for you, just follow the steps in 8.04.

The audio tracks will be synced to the sequencer tracks, the sequencer will be synced to the slideshows, the music score notation will be synced to the song... and you can switch off track 1 if you wish and play the melody yourself along to the score in the screen as described.

#65178 - 06/24/03 02:09 PM Re: sd load
Maurice Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
to restore a 'Total Contents' backup of all audio and sequencer demos and the 682 styles to your 64 MB card with the favorite songs and song medley already programmed and everything already renamed for you, just follow the steps in 8.04.

The audio tracks will be synced to the sequencer tracks, the sequencer will be synced to the slideshows, the music score notation will be synced to the song... and you can switch off track 1 if you wish and play the melody yourself along to the score in the screen as described.

#65179 - 06/24/03 03:20 PM Re: sd load
Maurice Offline

Thank you all for responding to my problem.
With regard to the procedure 8.04,i have tried this but "The File You tried To Load Is Empty" appears. This happens loading other files.If i copy styles from disk in the k7,it will load ok to the next available Tfld008,but if i use the computor and copy the style disk contents.to a created next numbered Tfld009 folder it will not load. I have checked the drivers in device manager, and all seems ok. I have never been able to transmit useing Song Manager, so i always use the card reader. I am very gratefull to all who have replied and welcome any sugestions.

Many thanks
Maurice.

#65180 - 06/24/03 09:09 PM Re: sd load
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hey Cees,

I have gone to the site you mentioned above (http://www.thkmcs.de) and it came up immediately. But the entire site is in German! Anyway, I found the download you mentioned (Technics KN7000 SD-Card-Tool), which I downloaded with no problem. Then the installation page opened and, I think, I tried to install the downloaded file into my computer. It seemed to work fine but, after I was finished, I couldn't find the file I downloaded in order to open and use it. I had saved it to my desktop but what I have there is an icon for the ZIP file and if I click on it it opens again and does the same thing. I must be doing something wrong. Anyone have this problem in downloading this useful file??? Thanks for help, Cees, or anybody else. (By the way I use Windows XP Home.)

Ted

#65181 - 06/25/03 02:45 AM Re: sd load
technicsplayer Offline

I'm afraid I don't understand Maurice. You can't just copy to the next folder, the procedure for blank cards is explained clearly in 5.01, if you follow the step by step it will work (you appear to have left a step out).
I don't understand how you can sucessfully perform 8.04 and get 'file is empty' message since the whole card will have been correctly overwritten. And something is wrong if you cannot transmit with Song Manager. If you can provide some detail I can try and provide a solution.

Thomas's excellent implementation of my Card Reader idea is still somewhat in beta form as far as the install goes, and with the pressure of work I have not yet got around to writing the help file.

#65182 - 06/25/03 06:39 AM Re: sd load
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I hope that Maurice is not making the rookie mistake of trying to play Technic Files through the Chrome Console. This Console is for Audio(compressed MP3's) and Sound (midis). You cannot play Technic files directly through the console. Technic Files are played like all previous KN models..The Start/Stop button.

Just thought I would give a basic suggestion that sometimes is over looked.

Ted,
If you use Google(highly recommended)as your search engine, when your at a site in another language, Right Click, and choose "Translate Page"

I also remember that the SDCard tool was a little tricky to install, but sorry I don't remember the little trick that was needed back then. Since the original, I only used the updates, so no full install was necessary since then. Maybe another member can help you with the full install, because it is a great tool.

SeeYa,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online