SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#58074 - 05/23/03 12:26 AM Touching Lives
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi All,

Guess I am just an old sentimentalist at heart. As I read Larry Gosmeyer's thread about his new project to help us, I took special note of Arthur Jacobs' comment that he can't read music unless it is printed in big note style and he has both of Larry's songs. He is so happy that he can play Larry's arrangements. Larry reached out and touched a life. He brought pleasure and happiness to someone through his music and generosity. And I couldn't help thinking how everyone of you have touched my life and made it better because you sent words of appreciation and encouragement, shared your music and technical expertise, and sometimes just talked "happy talk" that may or may not have been related to the topic under discussion.

In an e-mail Bebop sent to me recently, he commented he had more than 400 members of this forum to whom he sends material. We are indeed a close-knit world-wide family that hangs together, helping each other in countless ways to become better keyboard players. There are lots of forums, but none that gives me the sense of "belonging" as does our KN forum.

I thank all of you for all you have done for me and the pleasure you have brought to my life.

Warmest Regards to All,

Chuck

#58075 - 05/23/03 05:47 PM Re: Touching Lives
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Chuck, Well said. I would like to echo your feelings.
I deem it an honor to be part of this family. I have derived much pleasure from the help and insight of all my fellow forum members, and I truly hope that I have been able to also contribute in a small way.
By now, even though we have never met face to face, I feel that I know each and every one of you. Wouldn't it be nice if we could really have a world reunion? Wow, what an event that would be.
Maybe - some day.
Love and Peace to all,
Walt

#58076 - 05/23/03 08:53 PM Re: Touching Lives
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
How beautifully stated, Chuck! I cannot express how much I have enjoyed this Forum and how I value the friends I have made because of our mutual interest in music and the miraculous keyboards we share. I don't always reply to all of the many threads that have influenced me from a variety of you. So, consider this a hearty thank you for everything, past, present and future, that this Forum and the greatest family of Forum friends has provided. And to all my American friends, may this Memorial Day weekend be filled with memorable blessings of the meaning of freedom, hopefully some day throughout the entire world!!!

Ted

#58077 - 06/10/03 04:24 PM Re: Touching Lives
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi to All Forum Members,

I am deliberately resurrecting this thread in light of the feelings expressed by Bebop, Frank Bez, John, Alex, Colin and others because my opening remarks were from my heart and I believe they mirror the feelings of most, if not all, forum members.

I received several personal e-mails thanking me for my discussion of chord voicings in addition to the "thank you" posts here on the forum. Bebop said more than 400 people received my discussion. I was happy to contribute what I could and that was satisfaction enough for me. The thank you notes were a bonus.

My original remarks speak for themselves i.e., we are touching lives. That is reward enough for me.

Most Sincerely,

Chuck

#58078 - 06/11/03 05:21 AM Re: Touching Lives
Dan Hanson Offline

Loc: Sumterville, Fl. USA
Hi All,
Beautifully said by everyone. These guys are as good with words an they are with their music. I see no way for me to add anything but "thanks".

#58079 - 06/12/03 05:08 AM Re: Touching Lives
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
To all my Forum Friends (and that includes everyone here!!:

I, too, was disturbed by BEBOP's comments about his dissatisfaction with the lack of personal and private e-mails that perhaps he feels each of us should send to all the wonderful musicians who contribute their songs to us all for our enjoyment, whenever we are sent a ZIP file or other joyous contribution. I must echo that sentiment, but then I think to myself, have I acknowledged all the great ZIP files that I have received? And I am embarrassed because I think I, too, am guilty of not doing so every time. So, I want to make this public statement of thanks to ALL the great guys and gals who have made my life so much richer by taking the time to share their work. And, BEBOP, and all the rest of you to whom I may owe an apology and a belated thank you, I hope that this PUBLIC response will indicate that I, among many others who are equally guilty, I'm sure, do indeed appreciate it all. Life has a habit--a bad habit --of slipping away and the older one gets the faster it seems to slip! So, BEBOP, be kind and know that negligence is not always a sign of non-appreciation, but just the result of too many things happening and too little time. Einstein was so right: time is relative! When I was a child, days sometimes seemed eternally long; now that I am "mature" even the years seem to fly at a too-rapid pace, not to mention the individual days that melt into fleeting obscurity in an instant. So, again, in public, and shouting it aloud to ALL of you, my dear, dear Forum friends: THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!

Ted Rose

#58080 - 06/12/03 05:20 AM Re: Touching Lives
Lloyd Erickson Offline

Loc: Port Richey, Fl.
This forum has meant a lot to me and I visit it each and every day.
Have contributed to KERS my music, a fun thing to do.
This KN7000 owner has never had a keyboard that has brought so much enjoyment both in playing and sharing information with others.
Thanks for such a great website! Lloyd

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online