SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#61403 - 05/23/03 12:17 PM Great user drums and basses for dancers.
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
SOUND ARRANGER

In 1994, I was called to play in a very desirable country club. When I told them I played keyboard and not the piano, they said they would not be able to use me. They wanted a piano player in their country club. I asked them give me one night and if they did not like what they heard, it would not be neccessary to pay me. They agreed.

I sat in front of my KN7000 and wondered how can I produce the piano sounds they wanted. I used the Sound Arranger to change all the APC parts to some type of piano sound. All the basses were replaced with Acoustic Bass, and the drums were replaced with a Brush kit. They would hear nothing but piano, bass and drums. I used the panel memory to change volumes and to eliminate the bass or the drums, and sometimes both.

I held that job for six years---Three cheers for my Technics keyboard.

Working with the Sound Arranger

When you use the Sound Arranger, try to keep the same instruments sounds in APC 1 thru 5 the same as the original. Go to page 60 in the KN7000 operating manual to better understand how to change the instrument sounds in the Sound Arranger. Page 58 in the KN6500 operating manual.

1-Select a style, then press the Music Style Arranger on, use variation 2. This will set the tempo and the voulumes we need.

2-Turn all the APC volumes off except APC 1.
3-Start the rhythm.
4-Listen to the instrument that is playing. (APC 1) Determine which sound group it is coming from. (Brass, Piano, ect)
5-Now press the Sound Arranger button. If the instrument sound is not the same, press the sound group that you selected in step#4. In most cases you will hear the correct instrument sound when you select the sound group you selected in step #4. If not, take a good guess.
6-Repeat steps #3 and #4 for APC2,3,4,and 5.

SOUND MEMORY

In my Sound Memory I have created four basses (Nothing to brag about) I could use more if you wish to send them.

The basses are; #17 Jazz E Bass 2
#20 House Bass 2
#37 Electric Bass 2
#40 Basic Synth Bass

The User Drum Kit is in page of the drum kits.

7-Turn all the volumes on accept for the bass and drum 2.
8-Select user drums from the drum kits.
9-Now turn on the sound for drum 2 and repeat step #8.

Because we are limited with only one User Drum Kit, (Bad Panasonic people) we can not create a second User Drum Kit to compliment the different styles. The User Drum 1 that I have created will not sound good with all the styles. In this case you have to use your imagination.

I am open to any questions or suggestions that will improve what I am trying to do.

Take good care, John C.

#61404 - 05/23/03 08:13 PM Re: Great user drums and basses for dancers.
Dave Shively Offline

Loc: Calimesa, Ca, USA
Hi John,
Your solution to drums and instruments sound good to me. I just received your zip from Bebop today, haven't listen yet, but am anxious to do so. Thanks for the how-to and am hopeing more will come on this subject. Thanks for shareing.
Best Regards,
Dave

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online