SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#63958 - 01/15/03 02:16 PM How I sorted the Styles from the KN7000 Website
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Everyone,
I've just uploaded some instructions on how I sorted the KN7000 .cst styles from the KN7000 website and how I loaded them to my SD card. It's not quite complete yet, but I'll be adding the rest of the Microsoft Works Spread sheets as I go.
Probably far from perfect, but it may be a starting point if you don't quite know where to start.
The spread sheets identify the names of the style no's, so it makes them a bit easier to sort.
I loaded them to the Yahoo KN7000 User Group as I don't have the time to send them out individually. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kn7000/files/KN7000%20Styles%20Spreadsheet/
or ( if the link doesn't work try) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kn7000

If you're not a member, you may have to join before you can get accesss.

I'm new to this forum, so I'm not sure if there is anywhere information can actually be downloaded.
best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#63959 - 01/15/03 03:01 PM Re: How I sorted the Styles from the KN7000 Website
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Good Work Rikki - Maybe one of our forum members, who has a web site, might like to offer the service >

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#63960 - 01/15/03 03:36 PM Re: How I sorted the Styles from the KN7000 Website
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rikki,
I have done the same, using a Works Data Base. A hard file makes it easier for me to track a particular style.

The Technics 7000 Internet page may want to include this. Save a lot of work for thier 7000 Fans.

Fran in Florida

#63961 - 01/15/03 06:24 PM Re: How I sorted the Styles from the KN7000 Website
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Fran,
I agree. I was originally going to try & rename the the.cst's to 8beat etc, but I decided against it. If anything ever goes wrong and I've got it listed on spread sheet or database it's just a case of looking the styles (.cst's) up & reloading the .cst's back into the custom style area and resaving. Plus I prefer to know which keyboard they originated from.

I've also kept the individual .cst's in matching folders in the computer. ie all the 8 beat .cst's are in one folder, 8 beat ballad in another etc , along with the spreadsheet page to identify them. If I accidently overwrite one in the KN I can just load it back in.

It makes it easy to keep them organized plus gives the ability to add more as you go.
I decided to keep a 32 meg card just for keeping the KN reprise styles plus the ones I bought over the years. I use the 32 meg card just for auditioning styles when I'm looking for a style to go with a song.
I've got a 64 meg card that I'll use when I finally start organizing the styles for particular songs.

Apparently there's software available for organizing styles , but with the Aussie dollar being so low, it makes it too expensive at the moment. So far my system seems to work, though the SD card system is a bit of a learning curve. I'm forever sorting styles. My husband thinks I'm nuts (heehee)
Glad to hear you got yours sorted out, I'm just about there. It was wonderful of Technics to give us all the previous styles.
best wishes

Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran in Florida:
Rikki,
I have done the same, using a Works Data Base. A hard file makes it easier for me to track a particular style.

The Technics 7000 Internet page may want to include this. Save a lot of work for thier 7000 Fans.

Fran in Florida

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#63962 - 01/23/03 12:38 AM Re: How I sorted the Styles from the KN7000 Website
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
Hi Rikki,
I followed your advise to download your spreadsheet from the Yahoo KN7000 User Group. I tried several times but for some unknown reason I did not succeed. Each time I am disconnected so I gave up. Would you be so kind to make one exception and email me the spreadsheet (bert.aarts@concepts.nl)?
I have downloaded all .cst styles and like to organize them the way you did.
Thanks in advance.
Bert

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online