SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#48213 - 12/28/02 04:43 PM Cig@r Pro USB Miniature Hard-drive
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Hi All,
You may have some interest in this device for your music portability. This little thing I got for Christmas is 9.15 x 2.4 x 1.4cm and weighs 17.5 g. Mine is 256 MB although they come in 16MB, 32MB, 64MB, 128MB, 256MB, 512MB, and 1GB. They are USB 1.1 spec. No drivers required for windows ME, 2000, and xp. Drivers for 98, 98se, Mac OS 8.6 or higher has drivers on the little 2 inch cd that comes with it. I am told it will work with Linux also. It has a necktie thingie like you have for your sax, so you can hang it from your neck and it looks like a tie. Comes in 6 different colors. Mine is a see through clear. KQQL!!
I put some music on it and then played them in midi, RA, and MP3 and it brought up the appropriate players.
Think about it. I can put my music or Technic files or Yamaha files or any files on it. I am at your house and you turn on your computer and I snap it off my neck and plug it into your computer USB port and play my new song. I think it is awesome
The cost for the 256 MB was 130.00 at Fry's Electronics store
Check it out at www.cigarusb.com
Bebop

#48214 - 12/30/02 01:55 PM Re: Cig@r Pro USB Miniature Hard-drive
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Bill, it sounds like an interesting invention, but when you come to my house, we'll eat first. No starving musicians here!

#48215 - 12/30/02 03:18 PM Re: Cig@r Pro USB Miniature Hard-drive
BEBOP Offline

Yo Bud, sounds good to me. I am always hungry.
Would you believe we have a store in San Jose (now 2 stores) called The Starving Musician. They are a used store and buy or consign. Anybody looking for an older keyboard this is the place to look. They are a big store with lots of changing inventory.
Bebop

#48216 - 01/10/03 05:02 PM Re: Cig@r Pro USB Miniature Hard-drive
BEBOP Offline

The price on this 256 mg keychain harddrive dropped to 89.95 at Fry's Electronics today, until Tuesday so I went over there and they refunded me 40.00 plus tax as a result of their price match. This is a great buy and a very handy piece of equipment.
Bebop

#48217 - 01/10/03 05:29 PM Re: Cig@r Pro USB Miniature Hard-drive
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I have one of these little devices. Mine is called a 'PockiDrive' and is just 64Mb. I use Win98SE and don't need any special drivers for it - it looks just like a USB 'Removable Drive' to my laptop, same as a digital camera. Great little device and beats using floppy discs for transferring data between PCs

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online