SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#56161 - 11/07/02 04:44 PM Guitar chords on keys span 3 octaves!
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
Being a guitar player I wonder how many of you keys players realize that a guitar chord spans 3 octaves. Those who don't know know why it doesn't sound quite right. For instance to play an E chord on keys with a guitar voice it would start on lets say E2 and end on E4. Which is rather hard to finger but can be done with 2 hands. Then the strumming of guitar chords will sound right. I simply play the chord on my guitar and then match the notes on my kn.
Thought some of you might like to know that.
Tony

#56162 - 11/08/02 03:46 AM Re: Guitar chords on keys span 3 octaves!
Mike Daniell Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
That's useful info, Tony. Not being a guitar player (all I know is how to tune a guitar) this kind of advice is very helpful. It'll take a bit of work to get it right, but I'll give it a try.

Mike

#56163 - 11/08/02 04:35 AM Re: Guitar chords on keys span 3 octaves!
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
I am not sure where but I have seen online a free service/site where you can pick a guitar chord and it will show you the notes for it, and even let you hear them note by note. This way you can find the notes by ear or not on the keys. Most people I think just play piano chords. There are also different ways to play a chord on guitar. Some ways involve more or less notes but most are the same amount of notes. example- D has only 4 notes in it. C has 5 notes, and E has six notes. Bar chords sound fuller and most of them have 6 notes.
Glad to be able to help! The guitar chords will sound more like a guitar when fingered properly.
Tony

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online