SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#61476 - 10/01/02 12:27 PM Amplification suggestions.. Please!!
Justsounds Offline

Loc: Rooskey, Southern Ireland.
I get my new 7000 on the morrow.
Currently I am using a Studiomaster Powerhouse Horizon coupled with two 300w cabinets.. I am resident in a small lounge and find that I never use the power that my system has, also the whole system is just too heavy for me to cart about in my advancing years!!
I would appreciate your suggestions for a suitable set up for a small venue, say 150 people, which is lighter and suitable for my keyboard and vocals. (One man band)

#61477 - 10/03/02 11:56 AM Re: Amplification suggestions.. Please!!
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I am currently using two Barbetta 31c's. They are quite small (~32 pounds), and sound great. Excellent bass for such small cabinets. These are self-powered amp/speakers with line and mic inputs. I sometimes use a tiny Mackie or Behringer mixer if I want to mix a mic into this setup. For really small gigs, I just bring one of the Barbetta's.

Search around the Web; there are some favorible reviews of these in places such as Keyboard Magazine.

Jim

#61478 - 10/05/02 12:15 AM Re: Amplification suggestions.. Please!!
Justsounds Offline

Loc: Rooskey, Southern Ireland.
Thank you Jim I'll have a look.
My question may have seemed a little strange in view of the fact that I have been playing, and singing, for many years, maybe that's the reason you were the only one to post a reply! My problem is that I have never been able to reproduce, through my present system, the sound and vocals which I get when using the KN's on board amplification at home no matter how much I "tweak" my mixing desk. I have never used a dedicated keyboard amp and perhaps that may well be the problem.. Thank you for your advice, I think the answer may well be to cart the KN round the shops and try everything!! My big problem here in Ireland is finding anyone who knows what they are talking about!!
I have received my 7000 this week and have just finished programing, the unit is fantastic but I am concerned about all the chrome and the piece of black cloth! one wonders about the durability over time when gigging. We shall see!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online