SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#40541 - 02/02/02 07:46 PM PLEASE!!! EVERYONE!!! ONE FORMAT!!!
NSR Offline

Loc: Sonora, CA USA
TO ALL POSTS:

Please, can't there be ONE FORMAT for posting on this forum. I am so tired of using the scroll bar. Why is it that some post don't have it stretched a mile wide and others do? BEBOP, your posts are always a mile wide and anyone who replies is the same. We need a standard format BADLY!!!

#40542 - 02/03/02 12:13 AM Re: PLEASE!!! EVERYONE!!! ONE FORMAT!!!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
The messages will always try and format to the width of your screen. The one exception, which is the problem that you are referring to, is if someone has one long word in their posting that is wider than the your screen window in which case a scroll bar is provided. It is BEBOP's signature with the long URL to the forum that is causing this on pages he posts on. If one posting forces a wide page then all other messages on that page have to follow the same width.

Maybe BEBOP can change it to a shorter version http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25 which will still lead to this forum and avoid the page width problem.

#40543 - 02/03/02 09:05 AM Re: PLEASE!!! EVERYONE!!! ONE FORMAT!!!
Nimrod Offline

Or even like this Nigel:

Technics Discussion

#40544 - 02/03/02 09:19 AM Re: PLEASE!!! EVERYONE!!! ONE FORMAT!!!
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thank you to NSR and Nigel for bringing this dumb error to my attention. I was sent the addy by another member as being better then the one I was using. I have changed it now so lets see what it does. I am here to learn also and learning by the day :-)
I only use the signature to help new people find their way here as I send out a ton of emails every day to potential new members. When they see a post of mine here with my signature then they do know they got to the right place.
Thanks again for pointing this out to me

------------------
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://members.fortunecity.com/bebop1

#40545 - 02/03/02 10:58 AM Re: PLEASE!!! EVERYONE!!! ONE FORMAT!!!
NSR Offline

Loc: Sonora, CA USA
Thanks, BEBOP for understanding this problem.

I want to commend you for all the fine work you have done. We all appreciate your energy and dedication to making this a great forum. Special thanks goes out to Nigel - It is such a pleasure not having to wait for slow downloads to bring up this site as was the case of the other site that I won't mention by name. :-)

#40546 - 02/03/02 11:52 AM Re: PLEASE!!! EVERYONE!!! ONE FORMAT!!!
technicsplayer Offline

I agree, Nigel does a fanatastic job with the zone.

About Bebop's signature, I can see the point on mails but on each post on the forum it is just a waste of bandwidth.
Click the link on the mail and you are here. You do not have to open a post from Bebop with this l-o-n-g signature to know that.

#40547 - 02/04/02 10:26 PM Re: PLEASE!!! EVERYONE!!! ONE FORMAT!!!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Thanks so much for the kind words of support. Being the sole maintainer of Synth Zone I do what I can to keep things running as smoothly as possible. It's great to see this forum spring to life recently so thanks to all you members for helping to create such a useful Technics information resource.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online