SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46150 - 04/03/00 09:34 PM KN-2000 File Structure
MusicTutor Offline

Loc: Silver City, New Mexico USA
I am a new user of the KN2000 and have learned how to change sounds and patterns and save them to disc. However I can find no information about setting up and saving the 3 Music Arranger Variations that are present in the default APC patterns.
I would appreciate help in this respect as well as a better understanding of how the various memories are used. For instance, where are the Music Arranger variations stored?
I have downloaded some sample patterns and notice that most of them do not have variations.
Walt

#46151 - 04/09/00 09:40 AM Re: KN-2000 File Structure
Jacques Laporte Offline

Loc: France
APC patterns are stored in the firmware (rom) of the machine kn2000
1) if you copy a pattern to ram (function COMPOSER COPY) there is no room for variations even in EXPAND mode
2) if you use APC patterns while recording parts in the sequencer, they won't be saved with the SAVE FILE function (only the key you hit to start accomp (e.g. notes 'C' 'E' 'G' in pianist mode)
(in Tech file format they store pointers to APC ROM)
3) BUT there is a way ...
link a pc to the kn2000 and map tracks to channel (BASIC CHANNEL) and record any pattern. You can listen, edit and modify patterns.
I have done this myself, it works, for years.
You store your new ACCOMP in a composer memory, and have (EXPAND MODE)
1 memory for Normal style
5 memories for Variations
1 Intro
1 Fill in 1
1 Fill in 2
1 Ending
you map your song to the panel memory to change Variations while playing
Home it helps
JL

#46152 - 04/09/00 02:01 PM Re: KN-2000 File Structure
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
Quote:
Originally posted by MusicTutor:
I am a new user of the KN2000 and have learned how to change sounds and patterns and save them to disc. However I can find no information about setting up and saving the 3 Music Arranger Variations that are present in the default APC patterns.
I would appreciate help in this respect as well as a better understanding of how the various memories are used. For instance, where are the Music Arranger variations stored?
I have downloaded some sample patterns and notice that most of them do not have variations.
Walt

Hi
It is many years now since I had the 2000, but I belive that APC are registred in the COMPOSER memory. Be shure that you save your works in "ALL"
Rgd Lindoz

------------------
Lindoz

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online