SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#470452 - 05/27/19 08:10 AM Can a KN7000 arrangement be made into a Midi file?
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
I know nothing about Midi files because I don't use other people's ideas. I have never downloaded any into the keyboard. I do complete original arrangements on the KN7000 and have a digital recorder with a built-in CD burner. Can't I burn the arrangements to CD and then put the CD in the computer and file it as a WAV? Since Midi files are a form of recorded music, will this work? The reason I want to make my arrangements Midi files is because I want to use Musescore to write the full arrangements. The only way you can use the program for writing full arrangements is that they must be a Midi file.

Mark

#470453 - 05/27/19 08:26 AM Re: Can a KN7000 arrangement be made into a Midi file? [Re: kitkat]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Melodyne computer programme is one way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Zkznqs-f8

#470466 - 05/27/19 12:11 PM Re: Can a KN7000 arrangement be made into a Midi file? [Re: kitkat]
kitkat Offline

Thanks, Rog. Will do.

Mark

#470467 - 05/27/19 12:21 PM Re: Can a KN7000 arrangement be made into a Midi file? [Re: kitkat]
kitkat Offline

Rog,

I just checked YouTube and I never saw so many thumbs down on this program. Apparently it doesn't work. Some called the guy doing the video a scam artist. I have to ask, have you used this program?

Mark

#470476 - 05/27/19 05:40 PM Re: Can a KN7000 arrangement be made into a Midi file? [Re: kitkat]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Mark, It's just not possible to use any computer program to convert something as complex as - for example a WAV or MP3 Audio file, to a MIDI file. Trying to extract all the individual parts of a recording - say drums, bass, strings, brass, woodwind etc. and assign each instrument to a separate MIDI file tracks is just a dream!
Don't waste your time.....

Remember, MIDI files - unlike WAV and MP3 files, do not actually contain any musical 'Sounds' - they are merely a set of digital instructions which need to be fed to a software program on a PC such as Windows Media Player, or a device like a keyboard capable of interpreting the instructions and producing Audio from a built-in set of Digital Sound Samples.

#470477 - 05/27/19 06:18 PM Re: Can a KN7000 arrangement be made into a Midi file? [Re: kitkat]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
You can do your arrangement on the kn7000, and while playing the arrangement record to a audio recorder (wav).. then you can burn a cd that will play in any device..

#470478 - 05/27/19 07:15 PM Re: Can a KN7000 arrangement be made into a Midi file? [Re: Fran Carango]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I have recorded many midi sequences on the Kn7000. Then play them back using the audio output to a wave or mp3 recorder. Many are in my iPad today.
Keep enjoying your Kn7000, John C.

PS, Fran we're on the same page again.

#470489 - 05/28/19 08:59 AM Re: Can a KN7000 arrangement be made into a Midi file? [Re: kitkat]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
No Mark - just spotted it in Google... Sounds bad news to me also.

#470498 - 05/28/19 01:53 PM Re: Can a KN7000 arrangement be made into a Midi file? [Re: kitkat]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I know nothing about Midi files because I don't use other people's ideas. I have never downloaded any into the keyboard. I do complete original arrangements on the KN7000 and have a digital recorder with a built-in CD burner. ---- Mark

As Bill N. said, Midi itself does not have any audio sound. They are like on and off switches. When your keyboard converts the digital information, you then have audio nusic.

Since Midi files are a form of recorded music, will this work? No, because they are not a form of audio music. If you were to listen to a digital sound, it would sound like static.

The reason I want to make my arrangements Midi files is because I want to use Musescore to write the full arrangements.--MARK

The only way you can use A program for writing full arrangements is to use a program that supports midi and not auio. Midi file.

Save your midi file as a midi files, and then load it into a program that supports midi. I used CakeWalk for may years, I do not know the Musescore program.

I hope this helps, I can remember my confusion when I first worked with nidi. I had to buy Working with midi for Dummies (smile)
John C.

#470510 - 05/28/19 04:47 PM Re: Can a KN7000 arrangement be made into a Midi file? [Re: Bill Norrie]
kitkat Offline

Bill and John--THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I figured you guys would have an answer. Very disappointing that it can't be done. It seemed impossible for me from the beginning. I wondered just how all these instruments could be separated in a score and printed.

Roger, it is to the point of hilarious on YouTube with the responses of the program and the guy promoting it. They have said some pretty brutal things about the guy. Also, on another program that is supposed to work and doesn't, the same thing. Guys calling each other, using the "F" word to one another, standing by that the program doesn't work. The world is full of mean short fused musicians.

Thanks, again guys.

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online