SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#333191 - 11/05/11 10:11 AM World styles
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
I'm curious to know what songs would go with the following world styles; merengue,sirtaki,mariachi,keroncong,dangdut,jogeh melayu,folk kolentng,kolintang,melayu,poco poco,pop jawa.Has anyone any ideas? Derek

#333192 - 11/05/11 01:38 PM Re: World styles [Re: D.Munson]
RC Offline

Loc: Pa Usa
mariachi
El Rancho Grande

#333193 - 11/05/11 05:05 PM Re: World styles [Re: D.Munson]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Derek,

When I first got the Tyros 3 & 4 keyboard, I tried all of the styles and by doing this you will be surprised at how many tunes, the 'rhythm' suggests. Some of them I use for very simple tunes and just 'jazz' them up a bit by tweaking them. I have been accused of being 'weird' but it can produce some very interesting new ideas. Try it, it's fun to do!

Hope you are both keeping well.

Audrey

#333194 - 11/06/11 01:59 AM Re: World styles [Re: D.Munson]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Sirtaki: Never On A Sunday

#333200 - 11/06/11 08:32 AM Re: World styles [Re: RC]
D.Munson Offline

Thank you for replying to my request. I'll try your suggestion if I can get the music to it.
Derek

#333201 - 11/06/11 08:34 AM Re: World styles [Re: Bernie9]
D.Munson Offline

Thank you for your suggestion.
Derek

#333202 - 11/06/11 08:37 AM Re: World styles [Re: Audrey Turner]
D.Munson Offline

Audrey, can you name a few of the songs that you experemented with?
Derek

#333204 - 11/06/11 10:42 AM Re: World styles [Re: Audrey Turner]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Hi Derek,

When I first got the Tyros 3 & 4 keyboard, I tried all of the styles and by doing this you will be surprised at how many tunes, the 'rhythm' suggests. Some of them I use for very simple tunes and just 'jazz' them up a bit by tweaking them. I have been accused of being 'weird' but it can produce some very interesting new ideas. Try it, it's fun to do!
Audrey

I feel Audrey’s post is the answer for any new keyboard. As you play each style; with the variations and intros and endings, you will hear a familiar whatever that will remind you of a song. Jot it down, and then keep going through the other styles.

You may not find the answer to the question you posted but will be closer to; knowing your keyboard; and you will have found answers to some of your future style/song questions.

Having someone recommend a style has merit but you will not have gained from Audrey’s suggestion.

John C.

#333206 - 11/06/11 04:15 PM Re: World styles [Re: D.Munson]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Derek,

I have been going through the Music Finder today:

a) to take out any foreign named tunes but before doing so, I try every single one as sometimes, their rhythm will also suggest a song and, if I like what I'm hearing, I give it a new name so that I will know that particular rhythm can be used with any future tunes.

b) deleting unwanted tunes will release space on the memory for your own (or others) future
setups.

My aim is to have my OWN complete set of Music Finder Songs and before you tell me I can do that by saving to the Favourites, you have to remember that if, for any reason, you REPLACE the Music Finder, your Favourites will be lost - unless you save them to a USB stick or portable hard drive. Even saving the Music Finder beforehand, doesn't guarantee the 'Favourites' will also be saved. Anyway, the aim is to have a MF made up of tunes that I've 'tweaked' from on-board and other sources - not copied. Hopefully it'll make life easier when planning a 'gig'

Try going through the Music Finder Derek because there are several tunes using the styles you're asking about and some of them are familiar.

Have fun!

Audrey

#333243 - 11/08/11 06:31 AM Re: World styles [Re: Audrey Turner]
D.Munson Offline

Hi Audrey, You mentioed the music finder but the K7 hasen't got one unless you mean the music stylist. You must have been thinking of your Tiros.
Derek

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online