SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#68900 - 07/13/09 10:23 AM Question: Especially for the (well) seasoned vets ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
The song "In A Shanty In Old Shanty Town" had an alternate version that started something like this:
There’s a shanty that’s down in a little part of town
With the green grass growing all around all around
And the roof’s so worn and badly torn
that it touches the ground ...etc.

Does anyone have these lyrics? It would be much appreciated if I could get a copy...
thank you,
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 07-13-2009).]

#68901 - 07/14/09 04:11 PM Re: Question: Especially for the (well) seasoned vets ...
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Tony,

I have six slightly different copies of this song, but none have the words you are looking for but take a look at the following website, you just might get it from them.
http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/

Audrey

#68902 - 07/14/09 04:52 PM Re: Question: Especially for the (well) seasoned vets ...
santa1 Offline

Loc: stuart, fl usa
there's a shanty in the town on a little plot of ground, where the grass grows all around, all around. The roof's so worn and badly torn that it tumbles to the ground, yes it tumbele to the ground. Just a little old shack, sittin' way back about 25 feet from the railroad track. It lingers on my mind most all of te time it keeps callin' me back to the little old shack.
I'd be just as happy a HILY SALASI, if I were a king it wouldn't mean a thing, got my boots on tall and I'm feelin' real tall and it wouldn't mean a thing not a dog gone shame. There's a queen waitin' there in her rockin' chair just blowin' heer top on a Gaylords beer. Chuckin' all around and truckin' on down. I'm glad to get back to my Shanty Town.

I think this is nearly correct. Not sure of the spelling of the King (hily silasi).
Did this song with the Billy Hill Orchestra in the sixties.

#68903 - 07/14/09 08:39 PM Re: Question: Especially for the (well) seasoned vets ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
thank you santa ... that is the one ...
t.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online