SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#67787 - 12/05/08 04:22 PM My Music on Box.net
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Hi, I have uploaded the songs below to box.net. Click on the address and download. When you try to download the song In this World trk14, you will have to copy the address and paste on the browser. I am not sure why the address did not turn color like the others. I am having a time with some distortion, need to read more.

Thanks, John Cintorino
Box. net

http://www.box.net/shared/nodyfj6nln
Trk 4 Song -Portrait of my Love
http://www.box.net/shared/d0bg6sbr9m
trk 11 Song - New York New York recorded 2001
http://www.box.net/shared/b4vad6ysfe
trk 5 Song -Time was
http://www.box.net/shared/z1m91gc0t0
trk 14 Song -In this world

#67788 - 12/05/08 04:54 PM Re: My Music on Box.net
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Well done, John. You even gave us some bonus songs after New York, New York. I enjoy Aint Misbehavin' and play it a lot. Sounds like your record (or mike) volume level may be too high which may be causing the distortion that you mentioned. Couldn't tell if it was overdrive or inter-modulation distortion. Are you using the S900 voice processor for the harmony voices? And, are you using a foot switch to turn the harmony on and off?

#67789 - 12/05/08 08:02 PM Re: My Music on Box.net

Bob, I used a Digitech studio model and yes a foot switch. I do my best not to rely on the unit.

Thank you for listening, John C.

#67790 - 12/06/08 04:07 AM Re: My Music on Box.net
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi John,

Thanks for posting your songs - nice work Re your distortion problem, I've had a look at the 'New York, New York' track in an Audio editor and it would seem that much of the distortion is due to recording at too high a volume, causing overload during playback. I've reduced the volume of the track, which improves the playback quality a little, but of course once the recording is done at too high a level, then the resulting distortion cannot really be totally removed.
I'll email you the modified song...........

Just an afterthought - why not do a track or two which includes your excellent guitar playing ??

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 12-06-2008).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#67791 - 12/06/08 11:33 AM Re: My Music on Box.net
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Obviously you don't play a KN7000. Am I right?

Regards, Fred

#67792 - 12/06/08 06:44 PM Re: My Music on Box.net

Quote:
Originally posted by fmlk:
Obviously you don't play a KN7000. Am I right?

Regards, Fred

Two of the recordings were done on a KN7000 and a KN6500. The others were done on a Yamaha S900.
Fred were thinking that the sound was good so therefore it was not a KN7000 keyboard?

John C.

#67793 - 12/07/08 11:49 PM Re: My Music on Box.net

Hi Bill,
Like always you are there to help and support, I am sure there is a special place for people like you in the hereafter. Sorry, I went a bit deep here.

Yes, too much volume when I did the recording. The bad part is that I need to use a KN7 to rerecord and make the corrections. Thank you for your suggestions and time, the song you worked on did sound better, thank you again.
Bill, you have touched on a subject that I have put off, “Recording a sequence with me playing a real guitar”, I am going to do it shortly. Sometimes we forget some of gifts we have been given in the name of technology.

Thank you again, John Cintorino

#67794 - 12/08/08 03:21 AM Re: My Music on Box.net
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi John,
.....Glad to help Just a suggestion - If you first make a sequence of a song, on your keyboard and either leave off the full melody line, or part of the melody line, you could play the guitar part along with the sequence. I'm not familiar with the S900 so I don't know if it has a suitable audio input for your guitar, which would allow you to mix the guitar and keyboard sounds and then pass them from the keyboard audio or digital output to your recorder.
Some time ago, I experimented using this basic idea on my KN7000, ie using the KN7000 to mix the sequence and guitar parts, and then recording to PC via USB. The results were quite acceptable.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#67795 - 12/09/08 03:01 AM Re: My Music on Box.net
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi John

So, you finally did it. I'm happy to have stumbled over to the Technics Forum and found your recordings. I enjoyed your pleasant style and touch. I wish I had your singing voice, I could double my money

Keep up the good work.

Scott

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online