SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#66729 - 03/14/08 12:21 PM TECHNOTE CASE FOR THE KN7000
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Greetings,

In an earlier post, I asked if anyone knew where to get a KN7000 soft case. A couple of people gave me suggestions to where I might find one. They are as scarce as the KN7000 keyboard. Anyway, I finally was able to talk to Simon, the head of Technote America. He had just one and it was a “demo” as he put it but in perfect condition. He explained to me that this case was made especially for Technote for the KN7000. He said that it was the “best of both worlds” because it was as light or lighter than the soft case but had the durability of a hard case. He went on to say that it was made of Styrofoam and that it had a side bag to carry accessories. It sounded perfect and I bought it sight unseen. I have not received it yet and won't for a few more days. What I would like to know is if others on the forum have this particular case and to comment on it, good or bad. Needing a case and not wanting the heavy hard cases that are sold by the hundreds on eBay, I bought this one. I didn't want a hard case because of their weight. The KN7000 is heavy enough, as it is. I am wondering, since it is made out of hard Styrofoam if the handle is going to be strong enough to not have a problem sometime in the future of breaking away from the case. As we know, Styrofoam is not the strongest material made. I would appreciate any response. Thanks,

Scott

#66730 - 03/15/08 06:08 PM Re: TECHNOTE CASE FOR THE KN7000
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I have one of Technotes original bags for my KN7 Scott and the smaller pocket was designed to accommodate the music stand and,
or books, but I've only used it once because when loaded, it is difficult to close and becomes bulky thus taking up more room in the car. The keyboard travels safe and secure in the case though which is the most important thing and for all accessories, I use a collapsible cart on wheels with an extended handle. I also use a collapsible
trolley to wheel the keyboard into and out of venues, particularly when my husband isn't with me as I too find the KN very heavy.

I am sure you will be delighted with the case, it is well padded and there are two handles which clip together with velcro for added strength.

Audrey

#66731 - 03/21/08 03:32 AM Re: TECHNOTE CASE FOR THE KN7000
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
At our Jam, we had a demonstration from "Music Matters" in New Port Richey,FL, 1-800-688-5088, Jay Hunt. He announced that they had four Technics soft bags for $40 each. For a shipping fee, he might send one.
Bernie

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online