SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#62659 - 05/05/06 06:33 PM An Invitation to Listen to my latest Songs: "Something Big" & "Blue Bayou"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Technics Forum friends: I invite you all to listen to my latest songs:

* This Could Be The Start of Something Big
* Blue Bayou

Both are 'live' sung & played arranger keyboard recordings, so I acknowledge a few glitches, but suppose that's expected for a spontaneous 'on the fly' live performance recording situation, right?

To listen, go to my website:
Scott Yee Entertainment
then:
Go to the: "Song Demos" Page.

"This Could Be the Start of Something Big" is located in the "Big Band/Swing" section, and "Blue Bayou" is located in the "Pop, Rock & Blues" section.

Then Select: 'DSL/Cable' or '56K' version

Happy arranger keyboarding to all,

Scott

#62660 - 05/05/06 07:34 PM Re: An Invitation to Listen to my latest Songs: "Something Big" & "Blue Bayou"
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Scott ... we've already 'talked' about Blue Bayou ... "Somethin' Big" ...I really liked the arrangement ... was it a Ty2 on board style/rhythm? ... However, it was obviously in the wrong key for you... In cases like this, when I know the tune in one key, and for whatever reason my voice isn't going to make it, I find the transpose button to be a life (and vocal cord) saver
t.

#62661 - 05/06/06 05:39 AM Re: An Invitation to Listen to my latest Songs: "Something Big" & "Blue Bayou"
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
Scott,

Congrats on a "Big" bunch of good listening.

Larry Gosmeyer

#62662 - 05/06/06 07:03 AM Re: An Invitation to Listen to my latest Songs: "Something Big" & "Blue Bayou"
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Great recordings Scott - I just love the 'Modern' Lyrics in 'This could be the Start of Something Big' I'm sure Steve Allen would approve..............

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#62663 - 05/06/06 01:53 PM Re: An Invitation to Listen to my latest Songs: "Something Big" & "Blue Bayou"
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Great recordings Scott - I just love the 'Modern' Lyrics in 'This could be the Start of Something Big' I'm sure Steve Allen would approve..............

Scott ... I meant to mention that ... VERY creative and clever...
t.

#62664 - 05/07/06 06:44 AM Re: An Invitation to Listen to my latest Songs: "Something Big" & "Blue Bayou"
Scottyee Offline

Tony, Larry, and Bill. Glad you enjoyed my rendition as well as my lyric re-write.

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
was it a Ty2 on board style/rhythm?

A Ty2, which Technics model kb does that refer to?

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
it was obviously in the wrong key for you.
Tony, I'll respect your opinion, but I think it was the 'right' key, required to produce the kind of 'hyped up' excitement I wanted to present for this type of song. Onboard T2 Style: 'Big Band Fast1'

Thanks again for listening folks.

Scott

#62665 - 05/08/06 10:53 AM Re: An Invitation to Listen to my latest Songs: "Something Big" & "Blue Bayou"
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hey Scott,

Great songs and marvelous renditions. Thanks for sharing. What keyboard do you use and what type of mic? And, most importantly, how do you record like that and get such remarkably clear recordings?????)

Looking forward to another contribution soon!

Ted Rose (of Jaybird "fame"?)

#62666 - 05/08/06 12:14 PM Re: An Invitation to Listen to my latest Songs: "Something Big" & "Blue Bayou"
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Scott, the only word that comes to me is –PRO –

When I come in to a room and my ears, head and heart begins to focus on the music it is because someone like you is playing.

I think I am going to add some Scott Yee into my performance. Aaaaaaaah, Good stuff.

Thanks for sharing Scott, John C.

#62667 - 05/09/06 08:21 AM Re: An Invitation to Listen to my latest Songs: "Something Big" & "Blue Bayou"
Scottyee Offline

Ted and John: I'm really glad you enjoyed my songs, and especially appreciate such kind words. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ted Rose:
What keyboard do you use and what type of mic? And, most importantly, how do you record like that and get such remarkably clear recordings?????

It wasn't my intention to promote the keyboard equipment I use, but since you asked:

Keyboard: Yamaha Tyros2
Microphone: Sennheiser e935

These were basically live performances, recorded straight into the keyboard's built in HD recorder (as a WAV file) in one take: no multi-track, overdubs or post processing was made whatsoever. The resultant WAV file was subsequently converted to a much smaller compressed format: WMA (windows media audio) file, for posting on the internet.

Scott

#62668 - 05/09/06 09:25 AM Re: An Invitation to Listen to my latest Songs: "Something Big" & "Blue Bayou"
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Scott,

Nice job. You sing much better without a cold (the 05 Jam.)

The Tyros sounds interesting and we will have it demonstrated at our 3RD FLORIDA JAM, MARCH 2007. Hope you can make it.

Fran in SC

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online