SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#50935 - 10/03/05 05:34 AM Sequencer to Arranger Question
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Is there any work around to manually turning off the sequencer play button before loading an arranger reg. Sometimes in the heat of a set, I forget to turn the play button off, and of course it won't load.

#50936 - 10/03/05 07:09 AM Re: Sequencer to Arranger Question
technicsplayer Offline

that's why I made the 7000.com composer/panel downloads with blank sequencers - so that if you loaded them after a song, the song control track would not override the panel memory and there is no need to remember to switch the sequenecer playback off from the previous file - if I understand the question correctly...

#50937 - 10/03/05 07:13 AM Re: Sequencer to Arranger Question
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi there Bernie
Not sure what all my original Kn7000 settings were but on the rare occasion I jump from a sequenced number to the next normal play it live arranger keyboard number it automatically wipes out the playback switch off from the previous number - I'll have a look at my settings and see if I can work out which button etc it is....and let you know, of course...
Rog
Whoops sorry Alec - we must have been typing at the same time...

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 10-03-2005).]

#50938 - 10/03/05 07:38 AM Re: Sequencer to Arranger Question
RMepstead Offline

Right - having dived over to my KN7000 and checked this one out - tell me if I'm wrong Alec but I believe it to be as follows...
Press and hold the Panel Memory set button in the centre of the circle and then access page 2 - don't forget to press 'display hold' after that or the screen will return to default position.
On this page select appropriate filter types to the 'on' position so that previous files used do not influence the new file loaded.
I guess the next step is to ensure that this status remains 'quo' so to speak which if I remember correctly you can do by adjusting the 'data protection' detail which you'll find when you press the customise button - among the next set of 3 buttons to the right of panel memory...phew...
Rog

#50939 - 10/03/05 08:30 AM Re: Sequencer to Arranger Question
technicsplayer Offline

Bernie needs to clarify the problem since I read it as loading registrations following songs in which case panel memory filter and data protection will not help.

#50940 - 10/03/05 02:28 PM Re: Sequencer to Arranger Question
Bernie9 Offline

Thanks Alec and Rog.
Let us suppose I have a good midi backing tune that I want to use. I save it as a Technics GM2 file and mute the lead, e.g. .

I load the file and play the lead with R1 and Left hand.

The problem only comes up when I jump to the next number to load, and it is an arranger registration. I forget occasionally to turn off the sequencer play button before I load the next song. The registration doesn't load. The same previous one is still in the sequencer.

The other question was how to record a melody I play , along with a midi converted to Technics.

I am sorry for the confusion caused by working on two questions at the same time.

#50941 - 10/03/05 04:52 PM Re: Sequencer to Arranger Question
technicsplayer Offline

assuming you don't want the song to play for the second load then my first answer was the correct one - panel filters and data protection will have no effect.

Save registration (composer/panel memory type files) with a blank sequencer. Then when you load the next file the sequencer is emptied and there is no need to remember to switch off the play button, and no interference will occur to the new setup.

To achieve this, initialise the keyboard, load the registration file, and immediately save it with sequencer included with whatever other files (composer, panel memory, current panel etc) it originally contained.

To record a melody with a nx midi just load the file, go to sequencer menu, record & edit, realtime record, switch an empty track to red, go to mixer in screen and choose a voice etc for that track, press start, play song, then stop. Save with the original melody track muted, then you can switch yours off and have the original available if you want it in future. Or if all tracks are used, record over the melody track, or see which tracks can be advantageously merged to create an empty track.

#50942 - 10/04/05 03:12 AM Re: Sequencer to Arranger Question
Bernie9 Offline

Thank you, Alec.
That answers both questions.

#50943 - 10/04/05 05:10 AM Re: Sequencer to Arranger Question
RMepstead Offline

Hello Alec
I wonder whether you would be kind enough to share with us which settings on, for example the KN7000, are independant of the file save to SD Card and which settings are totally dependant. i.e. The foot pedal setting options in 'Program Menus/Control' are dependant whereas 'Data Protection' settings appear to be independant...
Only if and when you have time thanks.
Rog

#50944 - 10/05/05 03:44 PM Re: Sequencer to Arranger Question
technicsplayer Offline

you're welcome Bernie.

Roger, since the whole point of Data Protection is to prevent certain things happening which would otherwise happen and which you don't want to happen during a load it's not surprising.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online