SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#52922 - 05/03/05 06:06 AM East Coast Jam - Follow Up
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi All,

As soon as PayPal transfers the $50 from my bank I will be making a contribution to SZ from all the Jam participants. Both those that attended and those that had to cancel.

I have been receiving pictures from different people and I'll be posting more as soon as I can get the time.

One of you sent me an email offering to post the video but I lost the email so I don't know who it was. I thank you for the offer.

The good new is that for a short time you can see the videos at

The link that was here is no longer active.

They are AVI files which makes them Windows compatible but it also makes them very large.

Enjoy

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

[This message has been edited by shcox (edited 05-03-2005).]

[This message has been edited by shcox (edited 05-24-2005).]

[This message has been edited by shcox (edited 05-24-2005).]

#52923 - 05/03/05 12:50 PM Re: East Coast Jam - Follow Up
Anonymous
Unregistered

Heather,

Bill plays but thats all.

Fran in Florida

#52924 - 05/03/05 01:14 PM Re: East Coast Jam - Follow Up
shcox Offline

Hi Fran,

I'm not certain as to why it would not play the others. It works fine for me.

They are large files and they may take a little time to download before they will play.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran in Florida:
Heather,

Bill plays but thats all.

Fran in Florida

------------------

[This message has been edited by shcox (edited 05-03-2005).]

#52925 - 05/04/05 12:26 AM Re: East Coast Jam - Follow Up
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Heather, thanks for posting the video clips. For whatever reason, even with my hi-speed DSL internet connection, it took quite a while to download each file, speed ranging from as low as 10kb/sec to 30 kb/sec. It was fun to catch some of those performances that took place b-4 I arrived. Nice music by all. Unforunately the short clip of me has me in worst form, impersonating a frog. and playing like a dog. Finally got the opporunity to see Fran play, especially cuz I can't remember him playing when I was there. I especially enjoyed John (Bruno123's) nice latin piano melody solo (John, did you actually play real time drop 6 chords, or utilize Technic-Chord to achieve this sound?), I also enjoyed the group's off the way jam on Stardust. Again, many thanks Heather for posting the clips. What a great way to preserve our memorable SZ time toegether in FL - Scott

#52926 - 05/04/05 03:27 AM Re: East Coast Jam - Follow Up
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scottyee:
John (Bruno123's) nice latin piano melody solo (John, did you actually play real time drop 6 chords, or utilize Technic-Chord to achieve this sound?),

Scott, I use both, and always play in real time. I played guitar professional until 1987, when the guitar is played to it's fullest, and not just strumming, it is a rewarding instrument, I still love it. One day I am going to take time and create some sequences and use my guitar to play along. On keyboard I think as a guitar player with my left hand, pulsating with the beat and single note harmony lines. My right hand is unschooled and lazy -- and so a great deal of technic-chord is used. I am now taking and giving piano lessons, that should help.

Life is so very special, John C.

Scott, I have not forgot your invite to call you --- just waiting for the best time.

[This message has been edited by bruno123 (edited 05-04-2005).]

#52927 - 05/04/05 04:58 AM Re: East Coast Jam - Follow Up
MeBob Offline

Loc: Clermont,Florida,USA
Heather, THANKS so much for your time and effort posting the Videos.
It is great to be able to relive the wounderful experience we all had last month.
But there isn't a clip of ME PLAYING.......OH! I forgot....I don't Play....I'm a 'Designated Listener'.
The 'Jam' videos are especialy great and demonstrates all the TALENT that was there.
And you even had a clip of Sue (who had to be 'pushed' into playing). Kudo's to EVERYONE!

Bob and Sue

#52928 - 05/04/05 05:01 AM Re: East Coast Jam - Follow Up
shcox Offline

Hi Scott,

Yes I found out when I tried to view the videos from home just how slow they are. People with dial up won't be able to view them so I have found a streaming converter and I hope to have them in streamimg format for RealPlayer by the end of the week (If not today.) I'm going to make them for 56K modems. It will be a little less quality but everyone should be able to access them.

As for the clip of you, you were doing your best considering your vocal problems. I hope it has cleared up by how and you was back in great shape.

------------------

#52929 - 05/04/05 08:02 AM Re: East Coast Jam - Follow Up
shcox Offline

Hi All,

I have create a new page for the videos
http://home.earthlink.net/~poolgirlfl/

These are streaming video so you will need to have RealPlayer 10 Installed. The free version is OK. There is a link on the page to where you can download RealPlayer if you do not have it.

I will leave the other page listed above for those that may want to download the AVI versions. On my Cable connection it took about 7 minutes per video.

I hope this works better and everyone has a chance to view them.

------------------

#52930 - 05/04/05 08:41 AM Re: East Coast Jam - Follow Up
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Heather. Congratualtions. Wow! whatever you did, putting them on another server(?), and/or switching to screamin' streamin' RealPlayer has completely solved that slow as molasses download time (15 minutes per clip ) I was experiencing with the AVI format files. Now able to click on each video clip link with all clips starting up within 7 seconds. Did perhaps RealPlayer further compress the files into a much smaller downloadable size. My only disappointment was not having a chance to see & hear you playing again. No clips of you?

Thanks again Heather for all the terrific work you and the Jam organizers did in hosting the event. Bravo!

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 05-04-2005).]

#52931 - 05/04/05 09:32 AM Re: East Coast Jam - Follow Up
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Further to email...... Thanks Heather - you did a great job

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online