SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#48651 - 03/14/05 05:07 PM Composer - Part copy and paste
dpeisic Offline

Loc: San Deigo, Ca, USA
Hello all,

At the composer (kn7000)

I am wondering whether it is possible to copy one part from one variation and paste it in another variation.

Say, from 8&16 Beat, I want to copy Accomp1 part from variation 1 and paste it at Accomp1 part at variation 2. Can it be done?

If so how can it be done?

Thanks,
Doron Peisic

#48652 - 03/14/05 05:25 PM Re: Composer - Part copy and paste
dpeisic Offline

Thanks all.

I found how to do it. At the composer, choose Pattern copy, and any part can be selected to be copy form any variation to any variation.

I was looking into the Step record to do it. What does the Step record does, What is it used for?

Doron

#48653 - 03/20/05 09:35 PM Re: Composer - Part copy and paste
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Hey Doron. Looks like nobody answered your question. Unusual since a lot of people use step record and they will usually tell you why and how. Some folks use step record to do just that - record step by step. Note by note. VERY time consuming - for me, anyway. I use step record to add to a style, a note here, a note there. Usually subtle changes to enhance the sound. Mostly though, I use step record to look into the bowels of the style since it will show me all the secrets of it's build up, or all the mistakes I will need to correct to bring the style up to par. It takes a while and a bit of experimenting to get the hang of this function, but it will be worth the effort. The same goes for the sequencer - once you get to know them, they will become your good friends.

[This message has been edited by Bud Whipple (edited 03-20-2005).]

#48654 - 03/21/05 02:30 AM Re: Composer - Part copy and paste
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have used step record to compose 4 part barbershop songs for my chorus. Once you get the hang of it, it goes fairly well.

Supposedly,one can go into the control track and modify things like tempo,velocity etc. I can't usually find the control paramiter I want.It is usually track 6.

Bernie

#48655 - 03/21/05 10:56 AM Re: Composer - Part copy and paste
dpeisic Offline

Bud, Bernie,

Thanks very much for your insight about the step recorder. What do the stars symbols mean at each raw?

What does each raw represent?

Doron

#48656 - 03/22/05 10:22 AM Re: Composer - Part copy and paste
Bud Whipple Offline

Doron, each star is a single note or a cluster of notes that make up the sound, usually a chord. Each row represents each measure; row one, measure one, etc.,and there will be as many rows as there are measures in the rhythm. (This works a little differently in the sequencer, where the measure increases for the duration of the sequenced song.) Even though there may be only one star on the line, there may be six different notes included in that particular cluster. Check it out - it's a learn as you go sort of thing.

#48657 - 03/22/05 10:42 AM Re: Composer - Part copy and paste
Bud Whipple Offline

Doron, I forgot to mention........when you use pattern copy to copy one variation to another, don't forget that you can load different styles into memory A,B, and C, then copy from each memory slot to wherever you want. In other words, if you like variation 3 in memory C, you can copy it into whichever variation slot you want it in, such as memory A, variation 4. Or, you can use it to copy fills, intros & endings from one style to another, such as an early style that doesn't have an intro, but you want to use it anyway. It's a very versatile tool, and it's at your disposal 24/7. If you have Alec's manual enhancer, use it as a guide, and if you don't have it --order one as fast as possible. You won't regret it!!

#48658 - 03/22/05 12:00 PM Re: Composer - Part copy and paste
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Hi,
And dont forget in step mode editing
after each change press the OK button.
otherwise nothing changes.I only mention this
cause I use computer software a lot which automatically updates for you.
Otherwise having great fun and gig success
with the KN2600.
My only wish would have been a Page for the Audio tracks,its a real pain having to scroll one by one to get to the the track you want.But Hey at least we can use audio.
Cheers Barry

#48659 - 03/23/05 06:24 PM Re: Composer - Part copy and paste
dpeisic Offline

Thanks all.

Very interesting and at the same time amazing.
Thanks all for taking the time to reply.

I am still wondering with two more things to get an answer. (although I have get most out of you kn7000, and how do I do that)

1. Solo option, when is it used, and why do I need it?

2.at the custom panel more, what are the main differences between the panel memory and all panel options?

Cheers,
Doron

#48660 - 03/27/05 02:19 AM Re: Composer - Part copy and paste
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Doron
One instance of solo being needed,is when you are using techni-chord on R1 and a solo voice on R2. It enables you to switch back and forth without touching the tech button.
Bernie

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online