SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#45195 - 02/07/05 11:57 PM aaaaaaaah! *@#&#@!* I can't do it.
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
An owner of a good size indoor flee market gave notice on December 18 that everyone would have to be out of the building by January first of the comming year(2005)he had sold the building to a large automible dearlearship.
I thought how cold and indifferent to all the people who are earning their living in this flee market, a two week notice. And how about all those people who come weekly and spend their time and their money there. I thought, there is more than money to this life and this man has forgotten that.

After reading posts from Bebop(Bill), Rikki, Fred and Joan the flee market came to mind. I was about to do the same thing he did, I was thinking dollars and not friends and relationships. I read this forum every day. I recieve e-mail and answers to my post from some very nice people -- I do not wish to lose that. Soooo,back in the boat I go, and I can't wait for our get together in April.

#1-I am keeping my KN7000
#2-I have got to get off my lazy ways and share what I have with the people in this forum. Amen!

Life is so good, John C.

Thank you so much for caring, Bill, Rikki, Fred and Joan.

[This message has been edited by bruno123 (edited 02-08-2005).]

#45196 - 02/08/05 12:42 AM Re: aaaaaaaah! *@#&#@!* I can't do it.
Mark, Michie & Luce Offline

Loc: Mersea Island, England
For Bruno,

I think, as an understanding person, you've probably discovered the last point in humanity; that is the time to put your life on pause and consider others.

Although we're quite well off, we still visit car boot sales (UK) / flee markets (US) knowing that we're helping the community as much as we're helping ourselves. A lot of IT equipment has come our way from this; some of which, I admit is junk, but some of which is valuable, not from a commercial view but from a usuable one.

Don't give up the day job. If it helps those who can't afford to go shopping at PC World (UK) / Radio Shack (US) then it's all to the better.

By the way, my latest set of CD-R's came from a shop that charges just £1.00 for 10. Beat that...

Regards to the forum,

Michie

#45197 - 02/08/05 05:08 PM Re: aaaaaaaah! *@#&#@!* I can't do it.
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
John,
I feel your pain.
I went to a local farmers market this week end for the first time in years.
I went directly to the flea market area and was saddened to see nothing there.
I love flea markets, and browsing at all the "junk".
I hope this isn't a trend, but un fortunatly, I believe it's a sign of the times. The "little mom and pop" stores, flea markets, the corner bar, the country store, etc. are being pushed aside by big corporations and mega stores.
Hope to see you all in April..I'm trying my best to get there !

SeeYa
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#45198 - 02/09/05 01:53 PM Re: aaaaaaaah! *@#&#@!* I can't do it.
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Good for you John,
selling, would have been a desicion you may have regretted .
best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bruno123:
[B]
#2-I have got to get off my lazy ways and share what I have with the people in this forum. Amen!

Life is so good, John C.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#45199 - 02/09/05 03:16 PM Re: aaaaaaaah! *@#&#@!* I can't do it.

Life is so good, John C.

Rikki, are you going to hold me to that.
John C.

#45200 - 02/10/05 08:54 PM Re: aaaaaaaah! *@#&#@!* I can't do it.
rikkisbears Offline

Will do John,
I'll just remind you how miserable you'll feel if you're no longer part of this great group.

I know from personal experience, now I'm just a visitor ( haa haa )

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:

Life is so good, John C.

Rikki, are you going to hold me to that.
John C.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#45201 - 02/11/05 12:07 AM Re: aaaaaaaah! *@#&#@!* I can't do it.

Rikki, what keyboard are you using? I see a clp 170 in your discription, I don't know that one.

John C.

#45202 - 02/11/05 09:14 PM Re: aaaaaaaah! *@#&#@!* I can't do it.
rikkisbears Offline

Hi John,
I've given keyboards up, except for an inexpensive DGX piano arranger keyboard I bought for portability when travelling. No more kn's , then no more keyboards. (So far I've stuck to it haahaa.)

Actually my CLP170 ( Clavinova) is a top end Yamaha Digital Piano with xg sounds. I midi it to my laptop. To enable me to play styles in realtime ( ie playing live), I'm using
One Man Band software ( OMB) which uses PSR styles. I use the piano to trigger the chords & melody, the software & laptop acts as arranger, The sounds all come from my piano. Basically , I've got a psr of sorts. Most of the style editing functions that I loved in my kn's are pretty much available within OMB software. It creates psr styles from midifiles, it has a basic sequencer , I can create backing arrangements in steptime
( similar to what Band in a Box program does except with Yamaha styles).
I've also recently bought a program called "Busker" where I put in a single melody line score via drag n drop, put in chords, type in the lyrics, load in a psr style , choose which intro's , fills variations etc I want to use and it plays it back. Lyrics, melody line and chords scroll through on the one page. I just mute the melody line & play along. So for $70 ( excluding a keyboard & laptop) I've got a setup that's keeping me pretty busy and content, except I miss the chit chat on this forum.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:
Rikki, what keyboard are you using? I see a clp 170 in your discription, I don't know that one.

John C.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online