SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#45709 - 12/14/04 11:25 AM Need help--again.
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello again, all my SynthZone friends!

Is there any simple way to Easy Record a song, save it in Technics format, and then transform it into a new file that can be played on any computer? I heard that a wave file can be played on a computer but do not know how to change a Technics file into a wave file.

Thanks for any help!

Ted

#45710 - 12/14/04 11:53 AM Re: Need help--again.
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Ted ... I've used 'Easy Record' on my kn6000, then using a recording software such as 'Acid Pro' recorded from the kn6 to the computer... the file created by Acid Pro can then be "rendered' to a wav file or mp3 file ... the wav or mp3 can then be converted to an audio file to play on a CD ... I believe there is also software by Sound Forge and Goldwave that may offer scaled down versions as freeware ...
I'm sure you will also get some addtional advice from some of the recording pros here....
t.

#45711 - 12/14/04 04:07 PM Re: Need help--again.
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Ted, If you go to my website, 'Tech Tips' page and download Tip #3, this will explain the process, using the Panasonic Recorder software, which was packaged with your KN7000. The entire text explains how to create a CD from a KN7000 recorded sequence, however, you only need to use steps 1 to 20 to create an Audio file in WAV format. If you wish to create an MP3 file, just select the MP3 option in step 18, instead of the WAV option. You also have the option to save the file in WMA format which many people prefer to the MP3 format. All three formats are playable on a PC, using Windows Media Player.
One final comment, I suggest that you close all other programs during the recording process, including anti-virus software, to give as much 'focus' and processing time to the recording process.
Don't forget to re-enable your anti-virus program, before connecting to the internet.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online