SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#50645 - 09/15/04 03:02 PM Samsung SD card
Ann in New Zealand Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Am looking at buying a Samsung SD card. I read in a previous post where the Kodak card is not compatible so thought I would check with "the experts" to make sure before buying it. On reading other posts it looks as if all brands perform as well as each other. Is there any brand I should avoid other than Kodak? Thanks in advance for your help.

#50646 - 09/15/04 04:51 PM Re: Samsung SD card
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Just make certain that any cards you buy are definitely SD and not Multi-Media. They look almost identical but the Multi-Media cards have one of the edge connectors missing. SD cards should bear the 'SD' Logo on the label.
Kodak market both types of card and their SD card should work just as well as any other manufacturer's cards. In fact, I doubt if Kodak actually manufacture the memory cards - they are probably sourced from a far eastern facility, which makes SD cards for several suppliers.......

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#50647 - 09/16/04 03:18 PM Re: Samsung SD card
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
Hi
I have a lot of SD-cards from 8Mb to 1G. The most useful if you only using Tech and Midifiles is the 64Mb SD-card. Note that all cards has 99 folders, even the 1G card!

I have Panasonic, Sandisc, Kodak and Kingston cards, but I have don´t find any difference with them. The larger memory cards maybe are some slower that´s all. I use the cards in my KN7000 and in my camera and in a DVD rec/player. All works superb, so my advice is... buy the cheapest card. Like Willum said, they maybe made all of them in the same factory in the far east.

Lindoz

#50648 - 09/21/04 05:01 PM Re: Samsung SD card
Ann in New Zealand Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Thank you Bill and Lindoz for your replies to my query. My apologies for taking so long to acknowledge your helpful comments - we have had a hectic week.
Ann

#50649 - 09/21/04 09:14 PM Re: Samsung SD card
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I don't remember any posts stating that Kodak SD Cards are not compatible. In fact, similar to floppies, all SD Cards will work, as long as you follow Bill Norries statement.

The lowest cost SD Cards, that I have found are available at this site:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10321130&loc=101&sp=1&dcaid=1688

I have not purchaced anything from them yet, but the prices are good...

...almost too good to be true ?

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#50650 - 09/22/04 11:56 AM Re: Samsung SD card
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Lindoz, you're forgetting one thing - by loading your songs/styles into memory A,B, & C, then saving to SD, you can easily triple your storage from 1980 files to over 5900 files. In order to keep the tempo of each style true, simply go into the composer, rename, variation, and substitute the variation info with the proper tempo and any other information you may later need.There are other methods also, but this way is probably the easiest.

#50651 - 09/26/04 04:20 AM Re: Samsung SD card
Lindoz Offline

Hi
Last week I purchased 2 Kingston 64Mb SD cards for 15$ each. I tested them a couple of days now and they seems to work perfect. And they has 5 years warranty! The cards will keep at least 200 songs each. Very cheap and useful.
Lindoz

#50652 - 09/27/04 04:11 PM Re: Samsung SD card
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
It was good to read your reply posting Bill on the Kodak SD card as I am about to buy a Kodak Digital Camera and one of the reasons for my choice is that it uses SD cards. The idea being that as soon as Fred Mellink's new KN-SD-Explorer tool is available I intend to buy it and download some of the data saved to the smaller SD cards I have and then use those SD cards with the camera.

I have just updated to a 256mg SD Card and with the help of Fred's new 'tool' I hope to get everything on this one card - to have it "all under one roof" so to speak.

I know it can be done with the software that came with the keyboard but as yet, I haven't been able to get my PC to accept any of the Technics software - I get messages such as
'error - not compatible' or''wrong path' etc.
My keyboard is now 20 months old and I have given up trying to get it to talk to the PC or vice versa, I'll just wait for Fred to market his product as by all accounts, I'll not need to use the Technics at all as it uses Windows Explorer.

Aud

#50653 - 09/28/04 12:39 AM Re: Samsung SD card
Lindoz Offline

Hi Aud
I bought a Kodak DX6490 digitalcamera for a month ago and just for the SD-card too. You maybe need the 256mb card to the camera. I can memories 191 pics on it with best 4 mpx mode.

I never heard of Fred Mellink and his tools before. Please tell me more.

Lindoz

#50654 - 09/28/04 03:15 AM Re: Samsung SD card
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Lindoz,

Details of Fred's SD card tool :
http://httpd.chello.nl/~f.mellink/SD-Explorer.htm

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online