SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43630 - 08/30/04 12:00 PM Panel Memory Volume
Don Rehrer Offline

Loc: Meridian, Idaho
Can’t seem to figure this one out. I had the same problem on the KN6. Some of the styles I downloaded (and then transferred to the KN7) have a volume problem on Panel Memory 1. When I load the style, the volume on APC is 127. The rest of the panel settings are 111. If I press panel 1, the volume drops to 111. (the desired setting) I have tried to reset the level on panel 1 and save it but when I load it again, same situation. I tried saving to disk and changing it and reloading but with the same results. Any help is appreciated. Don

#43631 - 08/30/04 01:21 PM Re: Panel Memory Volume
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
Hi Don
Could it be so easy that that the volume has been set with the Sequencer Panel and write?

Lindoz

#43632 - 08/30/04 01:54 PM Re: Panel Memory Volume
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Don, panel memory 1 is usually what was saved with the downloaded song, sort of a default, I guess. A quick and easy way to put all the settings the way you want them is to load panel memory, sound memory and effect memory from a favorite style. It will replace the pm settings with your favorites. Press set and pm 1, and you're in business. It's probably a good thing to make sure you are in normal mode.

#43633 - 08/30/04 07:46 PM Re: Panel Memory Volume
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hi Don.

Not enough info if your loading files with or without a sequence song. I do like to mention strange things do happen when loading files from and to different models, ex: KN6000 format loaded on a KN7000. Most areas affected are volume and octaves. That could be one reason.

With Sequencer:
The APC Volume of 127 is set in the Sequencer memory at start up. Which is why your getting 127 after loading.

Load the style/song
Adjust APC volume to 111
Go to Sequencer, and press Panel Write.
Save and re-load to check. (Make sure when saving you include the sequencer)

Without Sequencer:
In this case, the APC Volume of 127 is set in "Current Panel" at start up. Which is why your getting 127 after loading.

Load the style/song
Adjust APC Volume to 111
Save, re-load to check. (Make sure when saving you include the Current Panel)

Hope this helps... Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 08-30-2004).]

#43634 - 09/01/04 08:28 AM Re: Panel Memory Volume
Don Rehrer Offline

Loc: Meridian, Idaho
I thank all of you for your help. I haven't used the sequencer yet and did not realize it had such a hold on the Panel Memory. The styles I had the problem with must have been taken from sequencer songs. I reset the APC volume and turned off the sequencer when I saved and that solved the problem. You know, half of the enjoyment of the keyboards is this forum. Thanks again to all of you for being there.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online