SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#39443 - 03/16/04 08:47 PM kn 7k question
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Is it possible to shut off the feature that selects a new style (or sound)as soon as the group button is pushed? The Ketron line used to let you decide if the sound was automatically loaded or if it waited for you to select it manually.

When I'm running a style, I sometimes need to "search" for ideas b4 I actually change the style, and you can't do this on the 7k in default mode, at least.
I'd like to know if you can shut this awkward feature off. Anyone?
(thanx!)

#39444 - 03/17/04 01:58 AM Re: kn 7k question
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Yea good point Uncle Dave cos you can sometimes forget what rhythm you were on previously...sorry what were we talking about?
Rog

#39445 - 03/17/04 02:04 AM Re: kn 7k question
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Dave, If you normally only use One of the Right hand voices at a time, then I can think of one way of achieving your aim.
Assume you have RT1 selected. If you then press the Part Select button for RT2 - the upper one - you can then select a new sound for RT2, which will be displayed on the screen, but it will not become active, until you press the RT2 Lower button. This will turn off RT1. You could then pre-select another voice for RT1, using the same procedure and it will only become active when you press the RT1 button.
This of course only applies to the Right hand sounds. I can't think of a similar system for the styles. You could possibly make use of Panel Memory set-ups and then select 'Bank View' page 3, which could be named to reflect your particular set-up.
There may be other methods, but I can't think of one at present If there are other ways to do this, I'm sure they will appear here

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#39446 - 03/17/04 02:23 AM Re: kn 7k question
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hey Dave/Bill
I think I've found it...
Press 'Customise' over to the right where favorites and cutom panel are.
Page down to 'sound rhythm select' and alter it from default to....
Now that's what I've not experimented with cos I don't want to alter my settings but I reckon that's probably it...
Rog

#39447 - 03/17/04 07:24 AM Re: kn 7k question
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Does anyone know if what UD has asked is possible on the kn6000? ...
I agree UD, this is not a good feature of the boards, unless there is an alternative we are not aware of ...
Currently, if I KNOW I'm going to change a style, say from Latin to Swing (as in Green Dolphin St.), if I don't have the PM registrations already pre-set and saved on the HD, before I start the tune I will go the the second style that I am going to use and get it set so when I press the group button the correct style plays .... but 'on-the-fly' I don't know of a way to not have a new style load immediately upon hitting the group key
t.

#39448 - 03/17/04 01:21 PM Re: kn 7k question
Ad Rouw Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
I don't think it's possible on the KN7K to change the rhythm group and not selecting (the last used) rhythm on that page.
The only workaround I've found is to use the favorites button to be able to choose one of your 4 x 9 favorite rhythms you may have assigned there. I use these favorites to quickly choose the "best" sounds from my expansion cards.

#39449 - 03/18/04 11:26 PM Re: kn 7k question
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
As with most computer based technology there are several ways of "reaching the same goal" Below is how I would tackle the problem:-

1) Go to page 2 of the SAVE menu and turn off the PARTS not needed then save to PMs i.e: PM1 = Quickstep, PM2 Waltz, PM3, Tango etc., then save to SD or Floppy. If you also use the Banks you can build up quite a variety which are instantly accessible at the press of a button.

If you use this method and save to Floppy in the first place, you can then load to the SD card all in one go using the 'COPY FLOPPY' feature.

2) Setup and save to the first four PMs and then save to CUSTOM STYLIST using the SD card/Floppy. This way you get 20 Custom Styles with four variations to each.

Make sure you name the files as you go or it could become very confusing.

As Custom Stylist is not affected by any changes made on the keyboard either manually or by insertion of floppy/SD card you can build up quite a number of favourites like this.

I have put together medleys of songs/tunes
using this method and it works very well, particularly with the SD card as they load so quickly.

Hope this helps.

Aud

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online