SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43951 - 11/01/03 09:54 AM Jingle Bell Rock Song
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
re: Your song 'Jingle Bell Rock'.
Anthony,
The sequenced Technics file will not load because the keyboard gives the error message 'For a Different Product'. I believe that the product identification is in the file headers - I haven't tried changing them to the KN7000 code to see if they will load.
I'll try that when I get a chance.
The SMF file (loaded NX to NX)sounds very good - a nice backing and good playing.
It's really surprising with all of the conversions from instrument to instrument that have taken place that it has survived at all and sounds that good. This shows a pretty good indication of compatibility, if done right.
Thanks for the good work and the chance to check it out.
Regards,
Walt

[This message has been edited by Walt Meyer (edited 11-01-2003).]

#43952 - 11/01/03 10:48 AM Re: Jingle Bell Rock Song
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hi Walt:

I thought the PR804 format wouldn't work. Did you try loading just the composer part, and other parts individually?

About surviving the converting process. Yes this took some doing, the hard part was converting to NX. Took a lot of time, mainly getting the R1/R2 to sound corrrectly. Don't know the thought process behind Technics "Not" including the R1/R2/Left when converting. What good is a converted song using APC to SMF convert without the correct melody???

Anthony

#43953 - 11/01/03 11:05 AM Re: Jingle Bell Rock Song
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
I have a program called MidiNotate that i downloaded to my computer. You can take any MIDI file and, with this program, it will play right on your computer and show the printed score as it plays, just as I did with the great rendition of Jingle Bell Rock from Anthony. I haven't yet tried to load it into my 7000, but have thoroughly enjoyed it here on the computer, using that program. Thanks, Anthony, for a delightul song.

#43954 - 11/01/03 11:16 AM Re: Jingle Bell Rock Song
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
HI Ted:

Thanks for liking the song. I'll check out the program MidiNotate.

Anthony

#43955 - 11/03/03 02:56 PM Re: Jingle Bell Rock Song
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
HI Anthony,
I managed to convert the PR composer part ( only) to work in the kn7.

Opens up new possibilities for sharing, if you ever decide to get into creating your own styles.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AnthonyCian:
[B]Hi Walt:

I thought the PR804 format wouldn't work. Did you try loading just the composer part, and other parts individually?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#43956 - 11/03/03 03:16 PM Re: Jingle Bell Rock Song
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi Anthony,

Wanted to let you know the Technics file loaded just fine on the PR54. It sounded great.

Thanks for sharing it.

Heather

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online