SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#55938 - 09/29/03 09:00 AM Thanks, you guys!
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
My previous post "I dont want to hate my KN7000" was actually done tongue in cheek. I don't hate my KN. I'm not getting rid of it. (unless someone makes an offer I just can't refuse

There's a quote from the Bible which says no man can serve two masters. He'll hate the one and serve the other. Well, fortunately, that doesn't pertain to keyboards. I love all my keyboards. They're like children...you love them all for their own unique qualities.

I think my KN is very cool. It does things none of my other boards do. The thing that excites me about my PSR is that it packs a lot of quality for the price. But I also love my VA7 and my KN7000 and even my KR7 digital piano. They ALL bring the joy of music into my life.

I really enjoyed your responses. Uncle Dave, you are too cool. Larry, fear not...I won't be knocking on your door with my PSR under my arm. I love all you guys. This is such a great forum. Keep on making music!

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#55939 - 09/29/03 04:43 PM Re: Thanks, you guys!
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Well Tim, you got a rise out of some of the people, but most of us have seen this sort of thread many times before and know where it leads. We chose not to respond because we really don't care if anyone favors one brand of keyboard over another. It seems they have already made up their minds when the post is finally posted on the forum, and whatever we say isn't going to change their minds at that point. If anyone decides they don't want their keyboards anymore, send them to me... I'll pay for the shipping charges and pass them on to adults/kids who would love to play worship music if they only had an instrument. You will then understand the meaning of "one man's trash is another man's treasure"! Personally, I would hesitate to stir a boiling pot with my bare arm because people have a hard time understanding your purpose from then on. This too, was done "tongue in cheek."

[This message has been edited by Bud Whipple (edited 09-29-2003).]

#55940 - 09/29/03 05:56 PM Re: Thanks, you guys!
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Tim,
There were some who took your comments out of context. I should have known that you were not trying to start a controversy, rather it became one, because of a misunderstanding.

Cheers

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#55941 - 09/29/03 06:05 PM Re: Thanks, you guys!
CoasterTim Offline

Larry,

Thanks, friend...From one Lehigh Valley-ite to another...Your words are appreciated.

Tim

#55942 - 09/29/03 06:12 PM Re: Thanks, you guys!
CoasterTim Offline

Bud,

I always enjoy reading your posts. Your wisdom is evident. Regarding giving unused keyboards away...I gave my Roland EM10 to an 86 yr. old widow from our church. She says she plays it every day and it has brought joy to her life. That makes me feel good. If I have any say in the matter, someday the rest of my keyboards will be given to others to enjoy also.

Tim

#55943 - 09/30/03 09:13 AM Re: Thanks, you guys!
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Tim, 'nough said. Step outside with a glass of cold apple cider, take a deep breath of the cool, fall air and wonder about all those coloring leaves that will soon clutter your well-groomed lawn. Then contemplate Psalm 46:10. Have a great day!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online