SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#58244 - 09/13/03 03:29 AM KN7000 strange panel effects
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Can anybody throw light on a strange thing happening? I have Rhythms set up on all panel memory positions (each relative to a particular song). From time to time when I recall a panel memory I find a voice has taken on a strange effect, usually an ugly slow vibrato ( a flute becomes a whine!). If I resave the standard rhythm to panel it resumes its normal sound. Is there some setting I must make in one of the menus to stop this? I am assuming that it is a residual effect from some other loading, such as a sequence or midi file. Or could this be an outcome of me earlier changing to O/S 1.5, by loading Disks 1 & 2 first, then Disks 3 & 4 from O/S 1.4 - which later I found was the wrong thing to do, but I didn't know that at the time. What do Disks 3 & 4 alter?
regards to all
Keith

#58245 - 09/13/03 04:48 AM Re: KN7000 strange panel effects
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Oh how embarrasing! My Modulation control was fully ON. Probably the result of grandchildren visiting.
Keith

#58246 - 09/13/03 06:54 AM Re: KN7000 strange panel effects
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Got to watch these little kiddywinkies digits Keith - happened to me too!! after my little Granddaughter was 'practising' on my KN7000.
Moral of the story? If strange sounds start appearing - first action - check that MOD wheel - it's happened so many times

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online