SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#49706 - 08/08/03 08:46 AM Saving changes to SMF Files
indytechpr804 Offline

Loc: indianapolis, in usa
We recently bought a PR-804, and even though it is one of the best sounding Digitals out there, the manual is pretty useless. We are currently trying to take an SMF file that was recorded on a Roland Digital and change the instruments to the NX sounds on the PR804 and save the changes. We can change the instruments, and play the song with the changes, but once you stop the play, it reverts back to the original SMF sounds. Any suggestions?

#49707 - 08/08/03 06:19 PM Re: Saving changes to SMF Files
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hello:

I too have a PR804. How do you like yours?

About your question. You will need to use the Panel Write feature.

To show you where it is, press the Program Menus button, and choose Sequencer. Here you will see the Panel Write button. Use this "AFTER" any changes.

Experiment with one or two changes, and see if this will keep the changes. Let me know the outcome. Thanks,

I have a funny feeling once you get past this point, and want to save as NX, your going to have more questions...

Anthony

#49708 - 08/11/03 07:14 AM Re: Saving changes to SMF Files
indytechpr804 Offline

The PR804 is a great instrument, but it is not very User freindly!

We were attempting to save as Midi/SMF,We were able to save all the changes, but we were not able to save the Rythym track. So we went back in and saved as technics format, and got it all. The only drawback to this is that my wife probably won't be able to use the disk on the Roland at church.

is there a step we might be missing to get the Rythym track to save to Midi?

Indy

#49709 - 08/11/03 08:03 AM Re: Saving changes to SMF Files
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by indytechpr804:
The PR804 is a great instrument, but it is not very User freindly!

We were attempting to save as Midi/SMF,We were able to save all the changes, but we were not able to save the Rythym track. So we went back in and saved as technics format, and got it all. The only drawback to this is that my wife probably won't be able to use the disk on the Roland at church.

is there a step we might be missing to get the Rythym track to save to Midi?

Indy

Save the Midi to a New Fresh Formated Floppy and not the original floppy with the roland files on it.
Welcome to the Forum, I see this is only your second post. I am sure you will love this place as you get used to it and all the different type personalities here
Best to you
Bebop

#49710 - 08/11/03 08:57 AM Re: Saving changes to SMF Files
indytechpr804 Offline

We started fresh, with a fresh disc to test saving changes on. we were told to always format the discs as SMF in order to use the disc on any machine. So we formated the disc as SMF. When saving, it askes which format to save the file in, if we save the file in a mid format, we get all the instruments, but no Rythym section. but, if we use the Technics format, we can save it all as recorded.

Great discussion group by the Way!!!!

Indy

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online