Following is a message that I have just sent to Panasonic USA(musicalinstruments@technicsusa.com) regarding lack of communication. I will post any answer that might be forthcoming. Perhaps it would be to our advantage if others would also complain directly to Panasonic.

Quote:
Do you realize that there is a large movement of disappointment over the subject of Upgrades to the operating system of the KN7000?
Taiyo of Germany has issued upgrades version 1.4 and 1.5 to the operating system. My understanding is that 1.4 was mainly to correct some German language difficulties plus some operating "bug" fixes.
1.5 is to correct other operating glitches such as unexplainable corruption of the .INF file on the SD Card. I have experienced this problem!
To date, we here in the United States have not heard one mention from Technics of a possible update.
I am sure you know of it because a friend just purchased a KN7000 and it had Version 1.4 installed instead of 1.3
Your silence and lack of communication is aggravating to say the least. There are many, many Technics owners all over the world who are beginning to wonder if Technics even cares about their customers. This dissatisfaction is unfortunately growing among your customers. Also, Germany and the UK seem to get a lot more conversation and service than we here in the US.
I feel that it would certainly be in Technics best interest to address these problems in an open manner. Please establish some communication with regard to technical aspects of your KN7000.
An official KN7000 web site would be one way.
Sincerely,
Walt Meyer

I hope that I get an answer.
Walt