SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43330 - 05/28/03 08:20 AM I feel welcome!
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Thanks to all of you who have made me feel welcome to this family! I have a passion for keyboards. I love the technology. I love the way my 7000 makes me sound so good - even when I'm not sure what I'm doing! To answer some of your questions, I have played piano since childhood. (I just turned 52.) I have been a sight-reader for lo these many years and now want to learn to play by ear. I hear the music in my head. I need to make it work out thru my fingers...you know what I mean? Thanks for all your encouragement and suggestions. I will be working on chords. Right now I can do some improvising in C. I need to move on to other keys. Larry, it's cool to know there's another forum member in my home town. Maybe our paths will cross some day. Sorry for rambling on. BTW- I do have the "Getting the most..." book and video and it is great. I just wish I could find more time to play and learn. Thanks again to everyone. I'm glad I'm here.

Tim Schaeffer

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#43331 - 05/28/03 11:19 AM Re: I feel welcome!
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Welcome aboard, Tim. You'll find this is a great place to visit, chat with internet friends, or ask some questions that will pop up sooner or later. I noticed that you enjoyed Christian music, and I may have some files that will interest you. I did a series of gospel songs last year and had Bebop send them out on his 20-4-1 disks. There are 59 different styles with songs that you can listen to, or dump the sequenced song and keep the style for your own use. None of the styles are on your kn7000, and none are commercial styles, but all will load up on your keyboard with no problems, and you can save them to your sd card for faster loading. Just let me know. Happy playing!

[This message has been edited by Bud Whipple (edited 05-28-2003).]

#43332 - 05/28/03 12:00 PM Re: I feel welcome!
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Bud,

Thanks for the gracious offer. I'd appreciate it if you could send those gospel styles my way. Thanks for the offer...sounds like fun.

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online